Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

i need a sleeping aid

guys, i have been having a terrible terrible time sleeping. i have the hardest **** time falling asleep. is there any thing out their that can hepl me fall asleep. it is really annoying. does any one know of anything, maybe somthing like L tryptophan or what ever it is.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Tryptophan is something you might want to check out. It is an amino acid that is known to induce sleep when taken in relatively high doses. Tryptophan is pretty abundant in (unprocessed)turkey, and is one of the cheif reasons why people tend to pass out soon after a thanksgiving day feast. Also melatonin should help fall asleep.

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    guys, i have been having a terrible terrible time sleeping. i have the hardest **** time falling asleep. is there any thing out their that can hepl me fall asleep. it is really annoying. does any one know of anything, maybe somthing like L tryptophan or what ever it is.

....Melatonin helps me a lot, especially when on cycle. The only downside is I have these WEIRD dreams..........Yowie!

nsa
    Alot of things you take as a sleep aid will give you pretty lucid dreams every once in a while, some more than others.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    Try alternating nights with 2-4 Benadryl, and 2-5mg of melatonin. 5 HTP on top of those may help too. I have had a problem with sleeping ever since I used (abused rather) drugs in my early 20s. Valerian root and Kava Kava will help you wind down at night, then an hour before bed try either Benadryl/5 HTP or Melatonin/5 HTP. I tried Ambien, and although it worked, I had "emotional" episodes the next day (think crying for no reason) and it was somewhat addictive.

nsa
    Yeah, try to avoid anything that could become addictive. Don't use narcotics, muscle relaxers or pain killers to help with this. IMO its best to try and stay as natural as possible with things like this, which is part of why i recomend eating alot of turkey before bed(also you take care of your protein needs before bed.)

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    try a glass of wine (if your over 21 ofcourse)

or a warm glass of milk always works

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    get Diphenhydramine HCl (its over the counter)
    its in Tylenol's simply sleep and i think its in Benadryl too
    i use it to help fall asleep its non habbit forming. it puts me into a very deep sleep with some wacky dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsDeity
    get Diphenhydramine HCl (its over the counter)
    its in Tylenol's simply sleep and i think its in Benadryl too
    i use it to help fall asleep its non habbit forming. it puts me into a very deep sleep with some wacky dreams.
    Diphenhydramine HCl =main ingredient in benadryl (only ingredient actually)

right on

profbiv is offline Associate Member
    greygoose.., just kidding

GuyinLA is offline New Member
    Diphenhydramine HCl works and is cheap. But, I am just zonked out the next morning. I can't seem to get going until noon. So, I don't like it.

Melatonin works and is dirt cheap. It tends to leave me a little groggy the next morning, but not too bad. But, since it is a hormone, it seems to me that it should be cycled so as not to disrupt natural production.

I thought tryptophan could not be sold. I've never seen it available. I suppose it can be obtained from an overseas supplier.

I like a product made by Source Naturals called Theanine Serene. I get it at vitacost but I am sure it can purchased elsewhere. It works very well for me. Doesn't exactly knock me out as fast as melatonin or diphenhydramine but it still does the trick. I wake up very refreshed the next morning. Not groggy at all. Here are the ingredients:

Magnesium 300 mg
    GABA 500 mg
    Taurine 500 mg
    L-Theanine 200 mg
    Valerian Root Extract 100 mg

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    ive been seeing docs about my sleeping problems for a long time, i dont get ****, but i have gotten ambein. Works great. If you want to go the pharm rout try ambein. Describe your sleep problems, is it like you cant get to sleep, and when you do sleep do you wake up alot? If you sleep throughout the night, then maybe xanax, if you have troubles waking up you can try a longer lasting benzo like vals or kpins. THese are not really supps, but just tryin to help. I can go into more detail if you want.

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by playa4933
    ive been seeing docs about my sleeping problems for a long time, i dont get ****, but i have gotten ambein. Works great. If you want to go the pharm rout try ambein. Describe your sleep problems, is it like you cant get to sleep, and when you do sleep do you wake up alot? If you sleep throughout the night, then maybe xanax, if you have troubles waking up you can try a longer lasting benzo like vals or kpins. THese are not really supps, but just tryin to help. I can go into more detail if you want.
    This guy is straight up wrong. These drugs are not what you want to take as a sleep aid. Benzodiazepines are effective for anxiety and when used regularly (i.e. every day) for insomnia, they usually are not effective for more than a few weeks. Not to mention they are CNS depressants, so you will most likely still be groggy the next morning. BTW, they are also very addictive when taken regularly.

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyinLA
    I thought tryptophan could not be sold. I've never seen it available. I suppose it can be obtained from an overseas supplier.
    I don't know anywhere to purchase pure tryptophan. Don't know about the legality in the U.S. either. But i do know there is alot of it naturally in (unprocessed)turkey. And is probably the best natural way to fight insomnia.

Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    I don't know anywhere to purchase pure tryptophan. Don't know about the legality in the U.S. either. But i do know there is alot of it naturally in (unprocessed)turkey. And is probably the best natural way to fight insomnia.

http://www.beautynhealth.com/tryptophan/index.htm

nsa
    Another point about benzodiazepines, they dramaticly decrease your thought processing speed. I was on a high dose of benzodiazepines (especially ativan) when i was in the hospital after my very serious injury to slow down my mental activity to help prevent me from having a seizure.

and the kpins Klonopins stay away from them there bad news
    expecially if your not having seizures or what ever else there prescribed for.

guy guys, your right about them being bad news, but i was thinking more along the lines of a few weeks dose, so he can get a sleep schedual going. This is also a last resort, because yes they are addicting, and yes kpins were a bad example. Xanax is addicting, but it is short acting, so you wont be too likely to be drowsy in the morning compared to a longer acting one like val and stuff. But please use these only if nothing else works. Ambein isnt addicting though, it was created as a sleeping med safer and lest addicting than benzos. Try natural before chemical.

skribbble is offline Member
    What do you guys think about zma for sleep aid?

zuke is offline Member
    i have tried ambien before. i have never tried to use it more than once or twice a month. if you do use it, dont take the stuff and then try to stay awake. you will definately start seeing things that aren't there...

Angelis is offline Banned
    Melotonin always works for me try that before trying anything to fancy thats gonna F*ck you up

Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    try a glass of wine (if your over 21 ofcourse)
    Ur taking AAS Illegaly and ur worried about drinking before 21

Quote Originally Posted by skribbble
    What do you guys think about zma for sleep aid?
    i like zma , it did not knock me out / help me fall asleep

but it did give me a deep deep sleep

nsa
    ZMA worked decent for me.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    thanks alot for the posts dudes, you all have been a really great help.

about the tryptophan, i watched a documenary about it. it was pretty interesting. and here is why it is not legal anymore i believe. Bacteria is used to make the amino. well some assholes over seas, in the late 80's, i think in japan maybe, started ****ing around with the bacteria, altering it chemically to yield better or more product. well what happened was, somthing went wrong with that effort. all products manufactored from that one place caused their bottled products (brands which there were a lot of) to be severely contaminated. a whole lot of americans got really really sick, near fatal conditions and possible deaths(not sure about deaths, but really sever) . so becaused that one manufacter ****ed up, l tryptophan "is not safe anymore". however it is in whey protein in good amounts.
    Last edited by IronReload04; 02-08-2005 at 10:45 PM.

Benzos interupt REM sleep, and give a nasty hangover. Plus most have a long half life. They are very addictive. I was hooked for 3 months, and then quit cold turkey. The benzo withdrawl was horrible. You cannot describe the feeling unless you have been through it. Lets put it this way, suicide would have been an easy way out, and much less pain. Even if you have anxiety, I wouldnt take them, unless you want to take them everyday for the rest of your life.

yall are probably right. But i have had sleeping problems my whole life and ambein definatly helps, ive done benzos a few times. But i am serious, only if nothing else works should you use it, and only to get yourself a sleep schedual. I never really got hooked on them, but i dont really have an addictive personality and i didnt do them for long. Oh yeah and ambein makes u a dumbass if u stay awake past 30 minutes. I have made an ass out of myself many times and not remembered it. Such as picking up people i havent talked to in years and going to walmart for no reason. You dont see a whole lot of stuff usually, but it makes u a nimrod for the night. I could tell yall stories, but that doesnt really play into context in this thread. So just use it for sleep.

RobbieG is offline Member
    zma with hot milk and eat lots of food

I use it sometimes.. I work nightshifts.

Sometimes i get so tired after a big meal i usually pass out

seanw is offline Banned
    A good shag does it for me

Quote Originally Posted by playa4933
    Oh yeah and ambein makes u a dumbass if u stay awake past 30 minutes. I have made an ass out of myself many times and not remembered it. Such as picking up people i havent talked to in years and going to walmart for no reason. You dont see a whole lot of stuff usually, but it makes u a nimrod for the night. I could tell yall stories, but that doesnt really play into context in this thread. So just use it for sleep.
    Beleive me I know. One night, I ended up somehow taking 80mgs, probaly because after the initial 20mgs I was delusional. I then proceeded to call up both of my at the time GF's (didnt know about each other yet) and they of course showed up close to the same time, and then both proceeded to reem me a new ass. Although, I remeber zero of this incident, It was retold by my roomate at the time to me, as well as neither girl returning my calls.

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by prolangtum
    The benzo withdrawl was horrible. You cannot describe the feeling unless you have been through it. Lets put it this way, suicide would have been an easy way out, and much less pain.
    Not knocking your experience with withdrawl by any means, as any withdrawl (no matter how small) is still a terrible experience. But i can honestly say that i have been through withdrawls worse than anything any crack/heroine addict. Coming off the maximum dose of intravenous (IV) versed (sedative-hypnotic), (IV) droperidol (tranquilizer), (IV) and fentanyl (analgesic pain killer) these max doses are the highest doses of these drugs a physician is legally allowed to adminester even if its life threatening(as my case was.) And being on these meds for 2 months straight at the max dose for the majority of the time made the withdrawls extremely intense. The withdrawls were so bad they had to tie my arms and legs down in the hospital to stop me from hurting myself from the convulsions/shakes i was experiencing and being that i was tied up, when i puked from the withdrawls i couldn't clean it up myself and had to wait for a nurse to notice. BTW, i know versed is only legally allowed to be administered through IV in an ICU (intensive car unit) and i believe the same holds true for IV fentanyl, I may be wrong about the fentanyl in other states though as different states have different rules and regulations.

Just to further reinforce not f-ing with benzos, here is a post from AvantLabs about one members withdrawls:

http://forum.avantlabs.com/?act=ST&f=41&t=14970&

it seems to me most people dont have (luckily) the experience, what a real withdrawal can be.

trust me. what I have read and what I have experienced, most peole addicted to heroin and benzos tell the same thing - if the had to choose they would go through herooi withdrawal any given moment but never benzos.

and is surely reflex here as well. I was taking benzos for 3 years. 2 of them withdrawing. you say you were able to be active again twelve days later...

I am right now clean for 12 months. I was tampering for 8 months. After 20 months, I feel anything but normal. Nerve pain, muscle pain, muscle weakness, numbness now and then here and there, electricity runnig through my spine...

within the tamper you feel constantly worse day by day. and it took me 8 months.

well, nevermind. I just get ticked on when everybody talks about opiates and heroin as the worst drugs ever. hello? what? there are benzos as well. sometimes I would like to take heroin just because of the "publicity" to show off that I can go through a 12 day withdrawal without daily activities being interfered.

but if you are on considering the "how long does it taked", then most probably you will soon know. And the monster does not bite off your ass, it bite off your head so that you dont really give a f*ck about anything anymore.

I once tried to kill myself with a benzo overdose just because I thought I owened it to the benzos.... go figure

and another on opiate withdrawls:

To a degree. If its just a physical withdrawal its bad. If its a physical AND mental withdrawal it is a NIGHTMARE that doesnt end for at least 2 weeks.

After I got my head batted in I was morphine shots (not drips) in a neuro-ICU for a 4 days. Then in the step down I was given demerol shot for a week. Then prescribed 8 vikes (hydrocodone) for about 4 months. My doctor said time to tamper and I just quit cold turkey knowing its safe just hellish.

The 1st say was bad. Then it gets much much worse which is a total mind **** cause its like time slows down. From day 2 thru 5 I was freezing cold, wrapped in blankets (it was summer about 90-100 degrees) then in a flash would be dripping with sweat. Every bone in my body ached BAD. No appetite. Was having complete blowouts in the bathroom. Headaches. Was exhausted but couldnt sleep. Man it was terrible. I took nothing to ease the withdrawal except a beta blocker a few times for migraines.
    I somehow forced myself to the gym during this time (i still cannot believe I did that) I think he greatly shorten my W/d.

Things turned around by day 6 and very slowly got a little better each day till finally I felt somewhat normal around day 12 and was able to go the movies and saw Terminator III on July 4th 03.

If you are already addicted feel free to PM if you need any advice or support because believe me I know what it is like.

nsa
    I was just using crack/heroine as an example. Most people (layman) think of crack and heroine as being very addictive. Benzo's are addictive, as i used to mess around with klonopins and xanax a little bit and know how it is. But versed, droperidol and fentanyl are alot worse withdrawls than anything else, including benzo withdrawls, than i have ever experienced. BTW, the medical terminology for what you were referring to is called weaning.

Those were not my posts. Im sure whatever drugs you were on were hardcore as far as withdrawls. Yeah, I thought tampering was an odd way to word it. The benzos was a guy named miudumees and opiates was Brooklynjuice of Animal's board.

1morerep is offline Associate Member
    if your gonna go with the 5htp don't take everynight, very dangerous.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I've taken melatonin many times and dig that stuff. You will definitely have some crazy dreams, though. Of course, there is always the old tried and true method of smoking a roach before bed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1morerep
    if your gonna go with the 5htp don't take everynight, very dangerous.
    prove it

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    Melatonin, ZMA, Tylenol PM would be my suggestion.

id switch the tylenol pm to benadryl. NSAIDs can inhibit protein synthesis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information