D00fy is offline Anabolic Member

L-arginine or NO2, wtf scam or something?

I just started lookin into this nitric oxide hype, and its main ingriedient is ARGININE

is L-Arginine suppose to accomplish the same effects like no2 but way cheaper than no2?

L-arginine for 50 1,000mg tabs is like 10$ a bottle of no2 or whatever brand is roughly about 30$

wtf is the different, is NO2 better product than regular use of L-Arginine? im confused in this bull****

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    L Arginine and something like A AKG work different. Plus NO products have other ingredients that help prolong the action and work as NO substrates.

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    i see

BIGp4 is offline Associate Member
    but its still a waste of money

Quote Originally Posted by BIGp4
    but its still a waste of money
    in your opinion maybe, but the science behind increased nutrient deluvery, and saturating muscle cells with nutrients around workouts is a very good idea. Dont expect 10 lbs in 4 weeks though, its not a steroid .

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by prolangtum
    in your opinion maybe, but the science behind increased nutrient deluvery, and saturating muscle cells with nutrients around workouts is a very good idea. Dont expect 10 lbs in 4 weeks though, its not a steroid.
    the science behind increased nutrient delivery is all fine and dandy, the only problem is their is not scientific evidenence, (the hell with scientific evidence anyway) that supports that no****ing2 supplentation will increase nutrient delivery.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    in your opinion maybe, but the science behind increased nutrient deluvery, and saturating muscle cells with nutrients around workouts is a very good idea. Dont expect 10 lbs in 4 weeks though, its not a steroid.
    the protein that i eat that causes positive nitrogen balance will saturate my muscles with increased nutrient delivery just fine

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    the protein that i eat that causes positive nitrogen balance will saturate my muscles with increased nutrient delivery just fine
    protein does not increase nutrient delivery

BIG D14 is offline Junior Member
    NO2 stacked with creatine

BIGp4 is offline Associate Member
    Just buy L arginine
    same stuff cheaper price

I think Im going to shoot myself.....Once again, NO2 works for increased pumps (better than arginine) and increased nutrient delivery. It will not add lbs of muscle, it is not a steroid . Any company claiming it will add a ton of mass, stay away from.

xfade7 is offline Member
    I think Im going to shoot myself.....Once again, NO2 works for increased pumps (better than arginine) and increased nutrient delivery. It will not add lbs of muscle, it is not a steroid. Any company claiming it will add a ton of mass, stay away from.
    do you have any research or anything to show this? i'm curious to know.. i have an no/creatine drink and wanna know if i should keep with it.. i do like the pumps and more energy i get from it.

xfade7

This study shows how insulin and NO interact. (BTW, NO boosters stimulate insulin)

Role of blood flow in the regulation of muscle glucose uptake.

Baron AD, Clark MG.

Department of Medicine, Indiana University, The Richard L. Roudebush Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Indianapolis 46202, USA.

Insulin vasodilates skeletal muscle vasculature via an endothelium-derived nitric oxide-dependent mechanism. Data suggests that insulin interacts directly with the endothelium to cause nitric oxide release. This insulin-mediated increase in muscle perfusion accounts for approximately 30% of insulin's overall action to stimulate muscle glucose uptake, suggesting a role for insulin and glucose delivery as a determinant of insulin action. Hindlimb perfusion experiments, where perfusion rate is fixed, suggest that changes in distribution of microcirculatory perfusion can modulate substrate uptake. The potential role of insulin to enhance flow through capillary networks that are efficient at nutrient transfer to tissue (nutritive flow) relative to non-nutritive flow is discussed.

Publication Types:

* Review
    * Review, Tutorial

I cant download pdf's on my coimputer, but a google search should pull up links for the pdf for this study:
    "Effects of Arginine Alphaketoglutarate Supplementation on Body Composition and Training Adaptations"

Exercise & Sport Nutrition Lab, Baylor University, Waco, TX 76798-7313.
    B. Campbell, J. Baer, M. Roberts, T. Vacanti, B. Marcello, A. Thomas, C. Kerksick, C. Wilborn, D. Rohle, L. Taylor, C. Rasmussen, M. Greenwood, R. Wilson, R. Kreider

Jack Rabbit Slim is offline Associate Member
    I stack Glutamine, arganine, and creatine, and get the same results as i did with the NO2 ****. In fact i think i get better pumps in the gym. Its alot cheaper

Their are better NO products than just A AKG alone. A AKG alone isnt all that great. A AKG + Creatine + BCAA's+Carbs is very good.

Thread Information