bigcut77 is offline Associate Member

Protein Shakes..cutting through the crap!

I am trying to find a cheap protein powder to supplement with my food intake that will help me get the protein I need. There is so much crap out there and so much hype I can not see straight. I have tried everthing from cheap to expensive and seen no real diffrence. Any suggestions on a cheap high quality protein powder to help me get my required bodybuilding intake?

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    allthewhey.com or solid mucle's whey on allsportsnutrition.com.....both highly recomended

I was looking into the solid whey from allsports. Seems to be a good price and quality also seems high. Thanks

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    Unless your lactose intolerant, whey protein concentrate will do fine. ITs cheap, and usually tastes decent. Id go with Allthewhey or Optimum as far a price and quality.

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    My favorites are ON's 100% whey and anything from allthewhey. alltheywhey takes a little longer to dissolve, but you can't beat the price.

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    get 100% isolate protein for postworkout and a mix of proteins for between or with meals... if you arent eating a lot of meat you should have multiple proteins in the shake except for postworkout... whey absorbes really fast as well as egg, so those are good in the morning and postworkout... soy is extremely slow and has a lot of argenine in it... it isnt that great though because it sits in your stomache for a while, which means that it isnt available to your muscles for a while... the best protein mixtures have some whey, milk, and calcium casienate... casien protein is extremely slow absorbing... it is really good before bed... milk is moderately slow absorbing... read up on the dif. proteins and then figure out which ones are better for which times of the day...

ATW is great. I gotta thank Whitey for recommending it.

Quote Originally Posted by YounG_SluG11
    ATW is great. I gotta thank Whitey for recommending it.
    Cheers, bro! And the best part is the $$. I'm thinking about getting a little more daring with the flavor choices - the chocolate and strawberry have been great so far.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/li...&value=PROTEIN

Optimum Nutrition is a good choice, and support AR at the same time...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will grab a couple of diffrent types and use them accordingly to maximize the absorbtion times. I do not know what I would do with out this place.

zuke is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    Cheers, bro! And the best part is the $$. I'm thinking about getting a little more daring with the flavor choices - the chocolate and strawberry have been great so far.
    i prefer one scoop of vanilla and one scoop of strawberry or chocolate.... for some reason the vanilla makes the shake a little more smooth...

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Optimuim Nutrition Whey... Choc or Strawberry is great.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Nectar is by far the best tasting protein you will find. Its pure whey isolate and has an amazing bunch of flavors to choose from. It is available at all sports nutrition for $20 per 2 lbs. Like they say once you try it, you won't buy any other whey protein powder.

nsa, you've really got me wanting to try this stuff now. but i get my isolate now for about $6.50-$7/lb. i guess i will just have to splurge...

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    The green apple with dextrose is like candy.

Thread Information