Thread: 6 pack rippage

jj23 is offline New Member

Exclamation 6 pack rippage

EYyyy, bout a month to spring break and i need to get some abs, im skinny but i have a beer belly, i lift 3 times a week and im ona steady diet but nothing on my stomahc is changin at all! I have to get rid of this. Will hydroxy cut, or ripped fuel helP!!!!!!!!!

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Classic

jj23 is offline New Member
    yo classic, if ur a senior throw me some advice

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    My advice, do am cardio on an empty stomach, get your diet in order, then look at maby an ecy stack aka ephedrine/caffine/yohimbine. Don't look at ecy as your first resort though, look at your diet for that department.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Try drinking some winny...

(If your post was serious though everthing you need to know is stated in the sticky above)

xfade7 is offline Member
    cup of green tea daily is supposed to make you lose 5 pounds...
    i hear CLA is as well (with no change in diet..)

but definitely check your diet, drop the carbs except in the morning or on workout days.. keep the protein up and include fat in the non-carb meals.. read the diet forum sticky

xfade7

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    CLA is bunk, do a search with my handle and CLA, I posted a study which pretty much discredits CLA.

The answer to your question will be found in the diet section, not the supplement section.

Hey another spring breaker.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Just because he's a spring-breaker, doesn't mean you can't help him...

Bro, you need to post up a respectful diet for critique...
    Here is where to start... http://forums.anabolicreview.com/showthread.php?t=75729
    Put one together, post it in a thread in the DIET forum, and have it critiqued...

Furthermore, I'm glad you have steered clear of steroids , and are looking towards a more suitable approach...

As mentioned above, in addition to your CLEAN and STRICT diet, you may wish to include the following supplements:
    - Green Tea, or it's extract...
    - ALCAR...(Acetyl-L-Carnitine)
    - ECY Stack...

And read these threads:
    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=131330
    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=131332
    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=131331

Furthermore, the implementation of early morning cardio, on an empty stomach, retaining 65-75% max. HR for 40-60mins is great.... then wait 45 mins or so to eat your first meal...
    Read this: http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=145057

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC

Furthermore, the implementation of early morning cardio, on an empty stomach, retaining 65-75% max. HR for 40-60mins is great.... then wait 45 mins or so to eat your first meal...
    Read this: http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=145057
    I agree with everything you have said outside of waiting 45mins for food. You have been asleep for at least 8hrs where your body has expended a great deal of kcals. You also just performed cardio where you expelled a large portion of muscle glycogen and likely have gone into either a state of ketosis or gluconeogensis. Neither of which are ideal for muscle retention. Also you have a large deal of cortisol circulating which is horrible for muscle retention also which only further supports the idea of eating sooner rather than later.

I understand what you mean. I prefer it, because it allows lipolysis to continue a lil longer... which for me, when I'm cutting, is most important... as I've got a lil size to play with... I sometimes forget that isn't the case for everyone.

I understand what you mean. I prefer it, because it allows lipolysis to continue a lil longer... which for me, when I'm cutting, is most important... as I've got a lil size to play with... I sometimes forget that isn't the case for everyone.
    A pro/fat meal will continue lyposis. And even your metabolism will stay elevated taking in a Pro/Carb meal (low gi). The other problem I see this causing is limiting the amount of time you have in the day for meal intake. Thats just another 45mins that you are awake you arent eating. So far you have burnt up almost 2hrs of the 13hrs available with no food. That means rather than going from a meal every 3hrs you make it less convienent having to eat every 2hrs in order to get in 6meals before bed. If it works out for you then I would stay with it but I could see others having LBM loss issues with it. I dont care what your diet is cutting is catabolic as hell so limiting that should be the #1 key in my opinion unless your bf% is over 25%.
    Last edited by TheChosenOne; 02-16-2005 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    A pro/fat meal will continue lyposis. And even your metabolism will stay elevated taking in a Pro/Carb meal (low gi). The other problem I see this causing is limiting the amount of time you have in the day for meal intake. Thats just another 45mins that you are awake you arent eating. So far you have burnt up almost 2hrs of the 13hrs available with no food. That means rather than going from a meal every 3hrs you make it less convienent having to eat every 2hrs in order to get in 6meals before bed. If it works out for you then I would stay with it but I could see others having LBM loss issues with it. I dont care what your diet is cutting is catabolic as hell so limiting that should be the #1 key in my opinion unless your bf% is over 25%.
    That's the thing, I was well over 25% when I began using this method...
    Now, I may re-evaluate this;... I was getting good results doing so, and then lifting in the afternoons...
    I was noticing gains in LBM, and in about 5-8mths, dropped about 10%bf... Basically, that is the only thing I would change (the time I wait afterwards).... Also, I have generally always consumed a pro/carb meal (oats, egg-whites) post-cardio, simply because I needed the energy throughout the day...
    So, what is your suggestion? Maintain early morning cardio on an empty stomach, and simply ingesting a pro/fat meal soon after completion?

Lipolysis stops after you stop your cardio. Aerobic exercise has a very small EPOCH. Just eat breakfast ASAP, waiting any amount of time will not improve fat loss.

Quote Originally Posted by prolangtum
    Lipolysis stops after you stop your cardio. Aerobic exercise has a very small EPOCH. Just eat breakfast ASAP, waiting any amount of time will not improve fat loss.
    Interesting. I've read otherwise, but I won't disagree with you.

Feel free to disagree, I am open to discussion. HIT cardio has a very high EPOCH, and you burn the majority of the calories in the next 36 hours, so empty stomach really isnt an issue. EPOCH for low intensity cardio is low, you may be missing out on 15-30 cals by eating right away, but you also stop catabolism, whihc could be more detrimental in the long run.

Here is one post I like to refer to:

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...21&postcount=2

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Lipolysis can continue for a short time after cardio. If you choose to eat a pro/fat meal, I would wait 15-20 minutes after cardio to consume it. If you want to eat a pro/carb meal, then 45 minutes is probably best since you will be blunting lipolysis.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Lipolysis can continue for a short time after cardio. If you choose to eat a pro/fat meal, I would wait 15-20 minutes after cardio to consume it. If you want to eat a pro/carb meal, then 45 minutes is probably best since you will be blunting lipolysis.
    It would seem my suggestion is ok then..... depending on one's opinion/preferance.......

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    If you want to eat a pro/carb meal, then 45 minutes is probably best since you will be blunting lipolysis.
    Yeah but either way you still have elevated metabolism due to the prior cardio therefore your burning calories and will be at a caloric difference over the course of a day either way. I often wonder whether we put too much emphasis on the types of food we eat and neglect the overall caloric impact. Did you ever see how UrbanDawg cut up? Drinking milk, yogurt, and kind of anything he wanted, things neither of us would or have used in the past to cut and yet he make great strides. I am really contemplating changing my cutting diet for a trial to find out what differences there are when I go low fat rather than low carb. I may find out I am totally wrong but a lot of research shows that carbs are great at hanging on to muscle through a number of ways which is my #1 priority when cutting. Muscle for me is just too d*mn hard to come by to lose.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I drop some glutamine and ECA, hit the elliptical for 55 minutes, have my pro/fat 45 minutes later as well....wonderful results. Then again i did not hear anyone mention using Glutamine above?

As soon as you ingest carbs lipolysis will stop dead in its tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    As soon as you ingest carbs lipolysis will stop dead in its tracks.
    But does this mean you will stop burning calories? For whatever reason people neglect to look at calories in this overall equation. How much difference does it make if you are burning your oatmeal and not your body fat? That is something you cant give a definitive answer to, however, you must realize that once your oatmeal is burnt your body will go to burning bodyfat for lack of caloric intake. Being a dietetics major I often present this question and generally get the same response. Can I eat 1500kcals in McDonalds if my maintenance level is 2000kcal and still lose weight? The answer 100% of the time is YES. Now Im not saying this should be looked at as gospel but it shouldnt necessarily be pushed aside as false either.

I'm not trying to play devils advocate but rather just look at dieting slightly different than the way the majority of the board does. Being that only 4% of the country uses a Pro/Fat set up for dieting there has to be some merit as to why caloric deficit diets and low fat's diets are also successful at losing fat.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Lot to digest here. Hahahahaha.
    Seriously, this is a great discussion. Some body put some stars on it.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    I down glutamine pre-cardio and hit the elliptical for 50 mins at approx 65% of my MHR and wait about 15 mins to eat my oatmeal due to time contrainents (classes) and im having great results as well murlion

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. EAT CLEAN! But most importantly, building a great body is a LIFESTYLE not just something you do before spring break!

Here is one post I like to refer to:

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...21&postcount=2
    Supported by zero research. He may help some people which is all well and good, but you cannot tell me that waiting 45 minutes is going to burn a signifgant amount of calories. At least not anything that will make a difference in the long run. I would love to see scientific backing otherwise.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prolangtum
    Supported by zero research. He may help some people which is all well and good, but you cannot tell me that waiting 45 minutes is going to burn a signifgant amount of calories. At least not anything that will make a difference in the long run. I would love to see scientific backing otherwise.
    I think you're right about this. I believe you would continue to burn some fat, but it is just from continuing to fast, and not really from the cardio effects. From what I've read, the actual lypolysis virtually ends very shortly after cardio. Anyone who has a HR monitor will notice it only takes a matter of minutes for your HR to go back down to resting rate.

Thread Information