brew035 is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up The Window Of Opportunity

If anyone is intrested in learning about the right way to do your postworkout meal. go here to www.abcbodybuilding.com click on nutition,then click and advanced nutrition, then click the window of opportunity. Some great info in there. Maybe some stuff you did not know,or might be doing wrong. Just check it out. It will help you out especially the newbies like me!!

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    postworkout 50 g whey isolate with 75 grams of high g.i. sugar... then as soon as you can after that eat high g.i. carbs with about 30 g of meat... eggs are good because they absorbe fast... and then eat one more meal about 3 hours after you workout... moderate g.i. carbs and 30 grams of meat protein...

Quote Originally Posted by EatRite
    postworkout 50 g whey isolate with 75 grams of high g.i. sugar... then as soon as you can after that eat high g.i. carbs with about 30 g of meat... eggs are good because they absorbe fast... and then eat one more meal about 3 hours after you workout... moderate g.i. carbs and 30 grams of meat protein...
    Incorrect.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    Pre/during workout is more critical IMO than PWO. If you properly take care of pre/during workout, than PWO is quite as important. A during workout shake will halt cortisol and get a jumpstart on protein synthesis, as well as give you more "oomph" during the workout. I drink 88g carbs/25g protein pre/during, and repeat the same PWO, but up the protein to 40g.

Quote Originally Posted by YounG_SluG11
    Incorrect.
    how so?

Quote Originally Posted by prolangtum
    Pre/during workout is more critical IMO than PWO. If you properly take care of pre/during workout, than PWO is quite as important. A during workout shake will halt cortisol and get a jumpstart on protein synthesis, as well as give you more "oomph" during the workout. I drink 88g carbs/25g protein pre/during, and repeat the same PWO, but up the protein to 40g.

i totally agree that a during workout mixture is important... i was just talking about postworkout... i generally cant drink too much during my workout because if i do i get sick... i've treid before but i throw up... i throw up once in a while anyways from working out, so filling my stomach up doesnt help out too much... i drink gatorade sometimes because that goes down smooth... pre workout nutrition is important as well... lots of carbs 2 hours preworkout and about 50 g protein... tuna or chix...

how so?
    You eat your PWO meal about an hour after your PWO shake to spike your insulin . Then you wait 2.5 to 3 hours later before you consume any fats again.

thanks guys all the info is helpful. IMO everone has there own opinion adn they all sound like they could work. I l just have to try one out for my self.

Quote Originally Posted by YounG_SluG11
    You eat your PWO meal about an hour after your PWO shake to spike your insulin. Then you wait 2.5 to 3 hours later before you consume any fats again.

are you kidding? i eat at least 3 meals in the four hours after i workout... big a$$ meals too... i eat as many meals as my stomach will hold... i pound down my protein/dextrose/malto. and then an hour later i eat white rice or white pasta a banana an orange and a couple chix breasts and wash it down with some root beer then an hour to 2 hours later i eat a can of tuna and brown rice or wheat pasta with some cheese (pepperjack) and crackers(wheat).... i've gained almost 60 lbs in 4 years naturally... and my bf is around 8 to 10% now...

same height too... 5 ft. 9 in...

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    2:1 ratio of dextrose:whey protein for PWO shake, which should be within 15 minutes of your last rep for that workout.

nsa
    BTW, i put on 60 pounds in less than a year.

hell yeah sounds good to me i only put on 17 pound this year nothing compared to 60. but hell the first 6 or 7 months i was eating like **** and drinking like a fish. Now im doing alot better but have more to learn. So keep all the good info coming.

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    BTW, i put on 60 pounds in less than a year.
    Geezus, dude - that's incredible! I did not know that. What are you weighing in at right now, if you don't mind my asking?

nsa
    I range from 180-185 lbs. @ 7-8% BF. I've been off all anabolics for a while now and im trying to get up to 195 naturally. Also my situation is not normal, i was 120 lb. when i woke up from a 2 month long coma. So it wasn't hard to put on that much muscle.

nsa
    I was up to 190 when i was using anabolics last semester.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    I graduated from HS weighing 125lbs. I was 17. 7 years later I weigh a solid 230. I gained about 80 lbs from age 18-20. I have gotten up to 250, but that was heavy anabolics, GH, and insulin . I dont plan on using the latter two in the near future. I was uncomfortable at that weight, and was huffing and puffing just walking around. 230 is about the tops I can hold without it being a detriment to my daily activities.

wired-up is offline Member
    protein/dex for PWO, then for PPWO, 50g's of solid protein (ex. chicken, tuna) and a LOW G.I. carb like brown rice, or oatmeal. stay away from sugars for PPWO.

Thread Information