Thread: dex/pwo

paul56 is offline Junior Member

dex/pwo

What should I expect by adding dex to my pwo shake?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Depends on what you're adding it to, and how much you're adding.

Generally speaking a 2:1 ratio of dextrose to whey protein is best; 40-45g of protein, 80-90g of dextrose...

Consume it within the first 10 minutes or so...

2:1 ratio.....but what results should i expect by adding this to my pwo shake? like will i gain strength? size?

Quote Originally Posted by paul56
    2:1 ratio.....but what results should i expect by adding this to my pwo shake? like will i gain strength? size?
    I can't tell you this bro. It is what is preferred by many. I use it, def. made a difference. No one can tell you how it will effect you exactly. Try it, and see for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

Adding dex is something that is new to me. I have been training for sometime and have not heard of adding this to your pwo Is this a new revelation in bodybuilding or somthing that pro's have been doing for a while? Blown SC, you said it made a difference, in what ways has it effected you?

Adding dex is something that is new to me. I have been training for sometime and have not heard of adding this to your pwo Is this a new revelation in bodybuilding or somthing that pro's have been doing for a while? Blown SC, you said it made a difference, in what ways has it effected you?
    Bro, it's just corn sugar. It's a High G.I. carb, which spikes your insulin levels, shuttles the protein to your muscles, and aids in repleneshing the depleted glycogen. Alot of ppl have been doing it for years. It has allowed me to recover better, gain strength over time, and gain muscle mass over time...(in addition to the other elements in my diet of course)...
    It's not a supplement or steroid , it's food. Check out the stickies atop the Diet forum as well, some structures you may enjoy reading.

thanks bro

thanks bro
    Sure thing bro. Check out the Diet forum for sure though, there is lots to be learned...

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    It will spike insulin . Dont expect monumental gains, maybe less soreness, and muscles being replenished faster

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Your muscle glycogen stores will be replenished, so your recovery time should be shorter.

Thread Information