unclemoney is offline Senior Member

to take ibuprofin or not???

Well, I've been having a back problem for a while and it's either rib related or nerve related as I know for a fact it isn't muscle, I went to the doctor's and after going over things she told me to take ibuprofin for 3 days at 600mg's every 4-6 hours... Anyways I told her about how it stops protein synthesis but she said it only slows down protein synthesis and wouldn't even really effect me...

So what do you guy's think should I take ibuprofin or not?

Also this isn't related but the docotor(a girl) was hot as **** and when she was trying to figure out what was wrong with me she asked me to take off my shirt, so I did, then she was like do you workout? Then I showed her were the spot was and she massaged my back for atleast 9-10minutes... then she asked me if I could massage her back for a little as she had a similar problem, duno if she was coming on to me or what but anyways that was off topic...

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    If you have a geniune problem than taking ibuprofen is ok. But note that doses above a gram were used in those studies. Id opt for naproxen personally, 200mgs 2 x daily. But really Anti Inflammatories are just a band aid for the injury, is this suppose to cure it?

ironpumpindoc is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys, I would love to see these studies you are talking about. I am a pharmacist, and I have never even heard of such a thing. I would like to read up on it though. Naproxen would be better, but if you are looking for a long term solution that works, try some of the capsaicin creams. They take about 7-14 days to relieve the pain and they do burn when applied, but they work very well. You could use the motrin/naproxen until you achieve the inhibition of substance P in the skin by the cream.

ironpumpindoc is offline Junior Member
    You may want to see a chiropractor . . . that is the only thing that fixed my back after destroying it doing squats.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...m_uid=12783034

These studies mostly deal inhibitng the inflammatory response from workouts, but there are many more.

Thread Information