Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Mutant's Avatar
    Mutant is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    529

    Dextrose or Gatorade for pre & post workout?

    I am debating on wether or not to stay with Gatorade as my pre and post workout sugar, or to switch it over to pure dextrose. What do you all think?

  2. #2
    Aboot's Avatar
    Aboot is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Not a well known name.
    Posts
    1,793
    For PWO, definitely use dextrose. For pre-workout I would just have a solid meal and forget the gatorade, it is unnecessary sugar.

  3. #3
    Mutant's Avatar
    Mutant is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    529
    So why is dextrose better than Gatorade if Gatoraid contains dextrose, sucrose, and electrolytes?

  4. #4
    Aboot's Avatar
    Aboot is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Not a well known name.
    Posts
    1,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant
    So why is dextrose better than Gatorade if Gatoraid contains dextrose, sucrose, and electrolytes?

    PWO you want the maximum insulin spike possible. This is accomplished with pure dextrose.

  5. #5
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,363
    Postworkout - dextrose
    Pre workout, i have a decent amount of protien with an ultrafuel drink.

  6. #6
    Mutant's Avatar
    Mutant is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    529
    Thanks guys, I just ordered 22lb of Dextrose. I normally take my protein and babyfood combo a little while before workout, then 15 min before I throw in some Gatorade for simple sugars added with my creatine to get it in my system faster.

  7. #7
    SplinterCell's Avatar
    SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant
    Thanks guys, I just ordered 22lb of Dextrose. I normally take my protein and babyfood combo a little while before workout, then 15 min before I throw in some Gatorade for simple sugars added with my creatine to get it in my system faster.
    Out of curiosity, where did you buy your dex from

  8. #8
    Mutant's Avatar
    Mutant is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    Out of curiosity, where did you buy your dex from
    I got it from www.supplementdirect.com . I saw an ad in MD, and said OOO I should try dextrose, its cheap (10$ for 11 pounds). I hope they get it at allsports soon though.

  9. #9
    Jantzen4k's Avatar
    Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    $ Make The World Go Round
    Posts
    3,388
    preworkout have a protein shake (with water) about 45mins before you lift.

  10. #10
    nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    preworkout have a protein shake (with water) about 45mins before you lift.
    A protein shake with some maltodextrin or maybe oatmeal.

  11. #11
    Mutant's Avatar
    Mutant is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    529
    Like I said above, I take babyfood-cerial with my shake. Its pure carbs added to my shake.

  12. #12
    prolangtum's Avatar
    prolangtum is offline Supplement Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,427
    To be honest, dextrose vs Gatorade is really splitting hairs. The difference in glycemic index will not make am impact on how much muscle you will gain, I guarntee you. Dextrose may be optimal, but dont sweat over it.

  13. #13
    big_tone is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by prolangtum
    To be honest, dextrose vs Gatorade is really splitting hairs. The difference in glycemic index will not make am impact on how much muscle you will gain, I guarntee you. Dextrose may be optimal, but dont sweat over it.
    difference won't be significant at all, agreed!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •