woodspan is offline Junior Member

Weight gain for son

My 12 year old son has ADHD and needs to take Adderall to control it. The side affects of this drug are loss of appetite and slow weight gain. He is quite thin for his age and would like to put on weight. He plays both football and basketball and has been at a dissadvantage because he just doesn't grow. I have been giving thought to the various weight gain supplements available, but am not sure if they would be appropriate for a person of that age. I have asked the pediatrition and get the standard answer......Let nature take its course......etc.

Has anyone experienced this or been involved with someone who has? What might my options be? I would like to see about ten pounds added by Summer, or maybe later. For sure by next school year though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    Ive taken both adderall and dexedrine for ADHD, and dexedrine does not have the L-amphetamine in it, which is responsible for loss of appetite. Dexedrine will still rev up the metabolism and cortisol, btu appetite will not be as supressed. As far as a weight gainer, I think your best bet is to encourage him to eat foods that are caloric dense like pizza and burgers, etc. At a young age, this will not hurt him, especially how amphetamines tend to skyrocket metabolism.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    You should def. include a weight gainer, get a good tasting one though, cause kids will not drink it if it taste like crap. Throw some things he likes in there so to him it is just like a shake at diary queen. INSTONE is a great tasting protein shake, with some peanut butter, and some strawberry's he will def. put on some weight if you stick with it..Goodluck

I think a weight gainer is going to be a waste. What do you think a kid would rather have? 3 slices of pizza or a weight gainer shake?

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prolangtum
    I think a weight gainer is going to be a waste. What do you think a kid would rather have? 3 slices of pizza or a weight gainer shake?
    You gotta think in terms of volume bro, while I agree food is the best way to gain weight drinking a 500 cal shake is a helluva lot easier than eating 3 slices of pizza

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prolangtum
    Thats why you try and be creative, let him throw whatever he wants in there, hell dump the protein in and don't even tell him. When I have a kid, there is no way I will feed him junk to put on weight, there are def. better options...

jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.
    I know if you do go with a weight gainer, Nlarge2 chocolate with whole milk taste just like ovaltine if he likes that stuff I would recommend you go with that, plus its got like 600 calories without including the milk.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Well let me see, hes 12. We could start em out on some dbol the first 4 weeks along with ah....some tren acetate and throw in some prop. Ya thats it, that little guy will be HUGE in no time...: ) LOL

Personally, 3 slices of pizza goes down easier than a weight gainer shake

Thread Information