boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member

how long before tribulus kicks in

Just started taking tribulus at 3g ED. I was just wondering how long it takes to kick in. I read that the half-life is 2.5 hours, is that the same as how long it takes to feel the affect? Been on it for 3 days now and haven't been affected. Thanks.

seanw is offline Banned
    Give us some more info. You on a cycle ? Just finished a cycle ? Doing PCT ?

Sorry, I'm not on anything and have never taken any AAS. I was just giving it a shot as I have read some good things about it here. Actually my brother has taken it, but it's 1am in the morning thats why I'm not just asking him how long it takes. Thanks.

When I took it, it basically took a week for me to actually feel the effects...

When I took it, it basically took a week for me to actually feel the effects...which were limited.

bigbodyjosh is offline Member
    I took tribex 500 and week 3 i started to feel a kick after cycle

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    you might want to bump it up to 5g's ed

what brand are you useing?
    what is the Furostanol Saponins %?

zOaib is offline VET
    deity is right , what is your % of frustanol saponins , cause the effect of trib heavily depends on that factor alone !

I'm taking optimum nutrition, 40% saponins.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by boondockSAINT
    I'm taking optimum nutrition, 40% saponins.
    ah i just stopped taking that i was taking 4-6 caps each day to get any effect if at all !

its cheap thats why i used it , but knowing now u need a higher % of protodioscins in a trib product , cause that alone is responsible for boosting your test levels ............ look for products that have 20% or more atleast of protodioscin in them ........... protodioscin is part of the frustanol saponins so some prodcuts only say how many frustanol it has !

yeah bump your dose up to 5g ED,

the trib im useing is saponins 90% and i feel it about 1-2 hours ofter i take it and that is at 5g's ED my weight is about 220lbs

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    I have never felt the effects of trib...tried many brands also, spent alot of money and nada.... will try tongat next,..

Quote Originally Posted by kman
    I have never felt the effects of trib...tried many brands also, spent alot of money and nada.... will try tongat next,..

Have you tried the trib from trueprotein .com?

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by West Coast All Star
    Have you tried the trib from trueprotein .com?
    No but heard good things about it,I will be willing to give trib. one more shot just cause I like that company.. Have you? what dose?

I haven't tried it yet. I am in the same boat as you.

Quote Originally Posted by kman
    No but heard good things about it,I will be willing to give trib. one more shot just cause I like that company.. Have you? what dose?

i got mine from trueprotein
    the trib im useing is saponins 90% and i feel it about 1-2 hours ofter i take it and that is at 5g's ED my weight is about 220lbs

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsDeity
    for me 2 grams ed is enough , but i also weigh 178lbs

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    2 grams of trueprotein.com is about the same as 4 grams of 40-45% saponins.

What effects do you all feel? I was runnin about 4.5 g of trib a day after a prohormone cycle and didn't feel anything.

Njectable is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsDeity
    Well i also got tribulus from trueprotein and yes their site says it is 90% saponins but if you look at the bottle atleast the bottle they sent me, it says extracted to 45% saponins, also i bought about 500g's of that **** and its been sitting in the corner ever since the first and only time i tried it, its absolutely the worst tasting powder ever and unless u guys are capping the powder i cant imagine how anyone can choke down the tribulus from trueprotein

my bottle says 90%

zOaib is offline VET
    mine says 90% aswell , but i emailed the guys at true protien they said its 90% frustanol saponins and 40-50 % protodioscin ........... which is the highest u will ever find here in the USA , the higest one that has protoz in it is tribestan 20% no wonder ppl like it cause thats a good percent , but 40-50% is a lot better !

and yeah i am cappin it ,

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxer23
    Well i also got tribulus from trueprotein and yes their site says it is 90% saponins but if you look at the bottle atleast the bottle they sent me, it says extracted to 45% saponins, also i bought about 500g's of that **** and its been sitting in the corner ever since the first and only time i tried it, its absolutely the worst tasting powder ever and unless u guys are capping the powder i cant imagine how anyone can choke down the tribulus from trueprotein
    oh god man cap it! Even capped i always belch after ive taken it in the morning and the taste is foul. I couldnt just mix the powder into water.

Njectable is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    oh god man cap it! Even capped i always belch after ive taken it in the morning and the taste is foul. I couldnt just mix the powder into water.
    ya thats the only way i'm gonna ever get it down,

i'd be weary that its 90% saponins, like i don't see why they would send me one that says 45% and then all of a sudden its 90%, sorry about the quality of that picture but i think u should be able to make out the 45%
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails how long before tribulus kicks in-img00031.jpg  
    Last edited by Njectable; 03-14-2005 at 06:56 PM.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    They also sell the 90% one in different increments than your 45% is in.

TheMindOfRoss is offline Banned
    As I have stated MANY times BEFORE--It is the Protodiocin content, not the total Frustanol Saponin content that determines the potency and effectiveness of your trib. I happen to know for a fact that there is no such standardization for 40% protodiocin Tribulus Product--The COSTS would be ASTRONOMICAL. The highest that currently exists is 20%. As for how long it takes for tribulus to take effect--1 WEEK. HOWEVER, for FULL EFFECT, one must use for 8 weeks. Strength and mass gains will taper off at the time.

Thread Information