DieselPlayer is offline Associate Member

PWO Shake after a regular meal?

Guys:

Everyone knows the benefits of supplementing with a PWO shake of at least 40 grams of protein, mixed with 80g of Dextrose within 90 minutes of an intense work out. Will eating a regular meal before my PWO shake interfere with the absorption of that much needed protein. Would it make a difference, either way. I ask because after I slam a shake following my work outs, I'm no longer hungry...and we all know how difficult it is to get in those extra calories when bulking...

Help a bro out...THANKS!

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselPlayer
    Guys:

Everyone knows the benefits of supplementing with a PWO shake of at least 40 grams of protein, mixed with 80g of Dextrose within 90 minutes of an intense work out. Will eating a regular meal before my PWO shake interfere with the absorption of that much needed protein. Would it make a difference, either way. I ask because after I slam a shake following my work outs, I'm no longer hungry...and we all know how difficult it is to get in those extra calories when bulking...

Help a bro out...THANKS!
    Actually its within ~20 minutes of finishing your workout. And you shouldn't eat a meal before your shake. The sooner you drink your shake the better you will recover. Also a solid meal will never be absorbed faster than a PWO shake of whey and dextrose.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    nsa is right, what I find to work even better than a protien/dex shake PWO is to split it up. Right after you finish your workout have the dex drink with whatever else you pu t in it, creatine/glutamine/taurine, etc etc, wait 15 mins and then have your protien shake (50g), and then an hour or so later have a solid meal. But just like nsa said, dont eat solid food PWO before the liquid.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    Timing like that will make zero difference in a shakes effectiveness. Carbs + Protein porduces a greater insulin respnse than carbs alone.

Thread Information