jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.

is it worth it? all diet experts please feel free to chime in!

I have bad genetics which leave me with a model figure and always had a problem gaining weight. I figure while on cycle I should aim for 5000 cals a day and 400 grams of protein and 150 grams of carbs with 50 grams of fat a day. I know its a hrad goal, but I figure if I set high standards like that and I can try to come close enough I wont fail during my upcoming cycle and not grow. my question is, would using a weight gainer like nlarge II during cycle for PWO and all that be a good or bad idea? they say it makes you fat , but I figure screw it might as well get big then cut down. is this a bad idea?

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    How tall are you and what do you weigh??

jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.
    6'1 ,196

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23
    I have bad genetics which leave me with a model figure and always had a problem gaining weight. I figure while on cycle I should aim for 5000 cals a day and 400 grams of protein and 150 grams of carbs with 50 grams of fat a day. I know its a hrad goal, but I figure if I set high standards like that and I can try to come close enough I wont fail during my upcoming cycle and not grow. my question is, would using a weight gainer like nlarge II during cycle for PWO and all that be a good or bad idea? they say it makes you fat , but I figure screw it might as well get big then cut down. is this a bad idea?

First off, 400 grams of protein, 150 grams of carbs and 50 grams of fat does not equal 5000 calories.

As for post-workout nutrition, always use dextrose and whey, then follow up with a PPWO meal. This is the most efficient way to ensure muscular recovery and thus add muscular body weight.

yes , of course PWO needs dextrose, that is irrelevant to my question chief. and yes, I know it does not equal 5,000 calories but you get the idea. its just a rough ball park figure

Yeah, so your a hard gainer. First of all I would up your carbs, 150g of carbs is not nearly enough carbs for you to be gaining weight, make it your goal to eat 2g of carbs for every 1g of protien. You will find it sickening to eat this many carbs at the beginning, so to help you with getting enough carbs down YES I would take a weight gainer shake, lots of guys dont like weight gainer but for someone who has a hard time gaining weight I would definately recomend it. Once you've built up a BIG appetite you can slowly ween yourself off the weight gainer and begin to eat only solid carbs, again, keeping it at a 2:1 ratio, carbs to protien. And one more thing, IMO 5000cals is minimum on your days off eat even more, up to 7000.

Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    Yeah, so your a hard gainer. First of all I would up your carbs, 150g of carbs is not nearly enough carbs for you to be gaining weight, make it your goal to eat 2g of carbs for every 1g of protien. You will find it sickening to eat this many carbs at the beginning, so to help you with getting enough carbs down YES I would take a weight gainer shake, lots of guys dont like weight gainer but for someone who has a hard time gaining weight I would definately recomend it. Once you've built up a BIG appetite you can slowly ween yourself off the weight gainer and begin to eat only solid carbs, again, keeping it at a 2:1 ratio, carbs to protien. And one more thing, IMO 5000cals is minimum on your days off eat even more, up to 7000.
    yeah I mean I figure the nlarge II has 600 calories without milk per shake, so 3 shakes a day is almost 2000 calories in itself. and every other day I will throw in a few double cheeseburgers from mcdonalds for calories and fat , since every double cheeseburger has like 20 grams of protein about. and I do eat for a skinny guy. I mean, I went from 165 to 196 naturally. its just pretty hard and takes me a while as I have a fast metabolism and have to eat every 2 hours and about 8 or 9 times a day to gain. also, any tips on how I can get my carb intake up? like any foods imparticular rich with carbs and protein? or just have pasta and bread with everything I eat? or things suck as oatmeal,yams ,whole wheat bread,brown rice I know are good carbs, but maybe you know something I dont? also, do you mean to take dextrose in with my shake during the day as wellfor extra carbs with shake, not just after PWO?
    Last edited by jordanfanatic23; 03-16-2005 at 02:47 AM.

Don't mix dextrose in with any other shake than your PWO shake.
    Like I said before eat 2g or carbs for every 1g of protein.
    Get your carbs from Potaoes, yams, white pasta, white bread, oats, cold cereal (not lucky charms or any of that other bull****). The goal is to eat pleanty of starchy carbs, this will help put on mass and increase your appetite.
    Get your protien from, chicken, turkey, red meat, eggs, and shakes. Personally I would stay away from tuna I personally think it has no place in a bulking diet.
    Make sure you are consuming lots of veggies as well, and even though your trying to bulk up try to keep the fat intake as low as possible.
    Once youve managed to get you appetite BIG begin to eat 100g carbs and 50g protien per meal with one serving of fruit ot veggies on the side 6 or seven times daily. Drink your weight gain shakes with a tbsp of flax oil in it throughout the day and before you go to bed. You should have no problem gaining weight once you get into diet routine, and remember gaining weight is all about being consistant with your diet.
    Oh yeah, f*ck the Mcds, that stuff is garbage, WAY too much saturated fats and who know what else.

Thread Information