tdawg is offline Associate Member

pre workout/post work out supps

pre-workout: glutamine (5 g), green tea extract (400mg EGCG), Acetyl-l-carnitine (2g), r-ala (100-200 mg), ammino fuel (2 pills)

post workout: Protein Shake (+ dextrose), taurine (1 gram), potassium (200mg)

any suggestions/ comments wlecome

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    For your PWO shake I'd add glutamine and creatine and take 5g of taurine if you are going to add those two things. IMO taurine isnt that effective w/o creatine, but thats beside the point.

tdawg is offline Associate Member
    i actually wouldnt want to add either to my pwo shake...the glutamine is pre-workout cuz all adding it to a pwo protein shake will do is have alot of glutamine peptides fighting for the same receptors...and no creatine...i dont like it...maybe ill up my taurine intake

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    i actually wouldnt want to add either to my pwo shake...the glutamine is pre-workout cuz all adding it to a pwo protein shake will do is have alot of glutamine peptides fighting for the same receptors...and no creatine...i dont like it...maybe ill up my taurine intake
    Fair enough, I still believe that glutamine would benifit you PWO as well, but you know your body better than I do so stick with what you think is best. Add yeah I would up the taurine to 5g, 1g PWO isnt enough IMO.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    A good protein powder should have enough glutamine in it. My PWO shake has 8 grams of glutamine contained in the whey powder, that should be enough especially considering glutamine is not an essential amino acid and your body can synthesize it on its own.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Throw some leucine in there PWO as well.

Thread Information