Carth is offline Associate Member

Question on Glycerol

What is this stuff basically for? And besides it containing calories. Does this stuff contain carbohydrates? I need to know a more in depth description of this stuff. As far as I know...it holds on to water and that it will make the person looked more leaner? Am I right?

I'm currently on fat burners. And I sweat a lot! Not only that but I work out very hard and I sweat from training. I also live here in Miami and go to the beach quite often and sweat a lot there too. And where I work at...it is very hot and I sweat like a pig all day long.

Even though i do drink up to 2 gallons of water a day. I still look flat because of losing so much water. The fact that this hydrates really good made me interested in it. But I am also currently on a low carb diet. Trying to lose a lot of BF for the summer. If I take this stuff.....will I be hindering my BF lose? By adding extra carbs?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    helps with hydration of the muscles, but in the end, too much will lead to fat gain, calories are calories.

Good read! Basically it said that if I drink water all day long. Then I should be fine and do not need glycerol. Glycerol would be beneficial for somebody that is unable to drink water during an event. That is something I will not have a problem with.

But what about when I go to the beach here in Miami? It is **** hot! And I sweat like a pig at the beach! I get flat looking muscles and I lose vascularity quick! And I hate walking around with a gallon of water trying to look cool. Its just not working! LOL

And of course...the more water I take, the more I got to piss. And the restrooms at South Beach are **** disgusting! And the more water I intake, the bigger my gut gets. And I do not want to walk around a beach filled with hot gorgeous women holding a gallon of water, with a gut and pissing! Not cool! LOL

What if I were to take glycerol prior to going to the beach? Seems like it might help. But what if this stuff makes me look bloated? Killing all definition in my physique. Not good!

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    "Drinking a glycerol solution before a long hot endurance event is probably worthwhile for those athletes who don't drink enough fluid before and during the event. More research is needed to determine whether there is any benefit for athletes who do drink well."

It's used to hydrate the muscles for people who aren't getting enough water in the first place....

I'd never supplement with it personally, as I've no need.

As for the beach, I'd rather be hydrated, and comfortable, than dehydrated in the sun to please some bikini-tease..... fuk em.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    "Drinking a glycerol solution before a long hot endurance event is probably worthwhile for those athletes who don't drink enough fluid before and during the event. More research is needed to determine whether there is any benefit for athletes who do drink well."

It's used to hydrate the muscles for people who aren't getting enough water in the first place....

I'd never supplement with it personally, as I've no need.

As for the beach, I'd rather be hydrated, and comfortable, than dehydrated in the sun to please some bikini-tease..... fuk em.
    No no! I too rather be hydrated. But I do not want to walk around with a gallon of water. Or pissing every 15-20 minutes in the disgusting restrooms South Beach has.

Thread Information