getbig888 is offline Senior Member

Lipo 6 is the talk of the town

Every one i talk to around here is praising lipo 6! i was just wondering what yall think of it.
    *ephedrine free

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Its main ingredients are caffeine, yohimbine and coleus forskohlii (standardized to 20% Forskolin) so i would say it should be relatively effective.

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    is that safer than ephedrine ?

nsa
    IMO ephedrine and caffeine would be safer than this stuff. Yohimbine is a tricky compound and you could end up doing damage if you take the wrong things with it. Yohimbine is a MAO Inhibitor, so IMO you should really know what your doing if you use yohimbine. BTW, yohimbine when used correctly and while in a caloric deficit is very effective in its ability to mobilize adipocytes from adipose tissue.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    Yohimbine exerts its affects only in the absence of insulin . So it is best taken at least an hour after a carb containing meal, and the next succesive meal being carb free.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    If Markus Ruhl endores the stuff it must work

nsa, what should not be taken with yohimbine b/c i am taking several supps at the moment.

nsa
    Unless one is very experienced in pharmacology it is unwise to experiment with combinations of drugs. Even when using a single drug, thought should be given to all substances, both food and drug, which have been taken recently. Substances most universally avoided are alcohol, coffee, meat, fat and salt.

MAO (monoamine oxidase) is an enzyme produced in the body which breaks down amines and renders them harmless and ineffective. All MAO inhibitors interfere with the protective enzyme and leavesthe body vulnerable to these amines. A common substance such as tyramine, which is usually metabolized with little or no pharmacological effect, may become dangerous in the presence of an MAO inhibitor and cause headache, stiff neck, cardiovascular difficulties, and even death. MAO inhibitors may intensify and prolong the effects of other drugs (CNS depressants, narcotic analgesics, anticholinergics, dibenzazepine antidepressants, etc.) by interfering with their metabolism. In the presence of an MAO inhibitor many substances which are ordinarily non-active because of their swift metabolism may become potent psychoactive drugs. The phenomenon may create a new series of mind alterants. However, because of the complex and precarious variables involved, it is risky and foolish for anyone to experiment with these possibilities on the non-professional level.

Sedatives, tranquilizers, antihistamines, narcotics and alcohol) any of which can cause hypotensive crisis (severe blood pressure drop); and amphetamines (even diet pills), mescaline, asarone, nutmeg (active doses), macromerine, ephedrine, oils of dill, parsley or wild fennel, beer, wine, cocoa, aged cheese and other tyrosine containing foods (tyrosine is converted into tyramine by bacteria in the bowel) ) any of which can cause hypertensive crises (severe blood pressure rise).

so can i take lipo 6 with
    1. arginine, niacin, and cla??

nsa
    MAOI's generally have dangerous conditions assiciated with other drugs and amino's. So i would be careful with the arginine. Tyramine is something to be especially careful of, tyramine is one of the major amino's that are commonly used as an example for MAOI complications.

so you dont think i should supplement it with arginine?

nsa
    I would think you get enough arginine from your whey protein shakes. I don't think arginine is dangerous with yohimbine in a low dose, like in a whey protein powder. But i do think it could be potentially dangerous if you supplement with arginine caps or powder. Keep in mind that some people might have different experiences with amino's and MAOI's, some might have no problems and other could potentially die from the same dose. Everyone is different, so everyone will have different physiological reactions. The difference in the reactions from person to person should not be too extreme though.

i don't want to take a chance and die from something of little importance as arginine pills. i am taking like 5 or 6 grams a day for vascularity and i just added lipo 6 this week.

nsa
    I would wait until your not using lipo-6 to supplement with amino's. MAOI stands for monoamine oxidase inhibitor. So it stops the enzyme from being effective, which leads to potentially toxic levels of amino's. IMO its better to be safe than sorry.

ok thanx for the info/ but what about the amino's in whey??

what else could i try for vascularity then if i shouldnt take arginine w/ lipo 6

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Substances most universally avoided are alcohol, coffee, meat, fat and salt.
    That was my entire diet for about 2 years - it was my "bulker".

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Unless one is very experienced in pharmacology it is unwise to experiment with combinations of drugs. Even when using a single drug, thought should be given to all substances, both food and drug, which have been taken recently. Substances most universally avoided are alcohol, coffee, meat, fat and salt.

MAO (monoamine oxidase) is an enzyme produced in the body which breaks down amines and renders them harmless and ineffective. All MAO inhibitors interfere with the protective enzyme and leavesthe body vulnerable to these amines. A common substance such as tyramine, which is usually metabolized with little or no pharmacological effect, may become dangerous in the presence of an MAO inhibitor and cause headache, stiff neck, cardiovascular difficulties, and even death. MAO inhibitors may intensify and prolong the effects of other drugs (CNS depressants, narcotic analgesics, anticholinergics, dibenzazepine antidepressants, etc.) by interfering with their metabolism. In the presence of an MAO inhibitor many substances which are ordinarily non-active because of their swift metabolism may become potent psychoactive drugs. The phenomenon may create a new series of mind alterants. However, because of the complex and precarious variables involved, it is risky and foolish for anyone to experiment with these possibilities on the non-professional level.

Sedatives, tranquilizers, antihistamines, narcotics and alcohol) any of which can cause hypotensive crisis (severe blood pressure drop); and amphetamines (even diet pills), mescaline, asarone, nutmeg (active doses), macromerine, ephedrine, oils of dill, parsley or wild fennel, beer, wine, cocoa, aged cheese and other tyrosine containing foods (tyrosine is converted into tyramine by bacteria in the bowel) ) any of which can cause hypertensive crises (severe blood pressure rise).

I totally appreciate this post. Thanks for laying it out in an easy to understand way. Now when I see maoi, I will know what it means.
    Thanks a lot,
    otto

jpi108 is offline New Member

Great post bro... I see people stacking Lipo 6 & Vasopro all the time for weight loss what are your feelings on that? dangerous etc.?

Thanks

It can raise BP to dangerously high levels.

Quote Originally Posted by prolangtum
    The type of stack i have seen is 1 vasopro with 1 lipo 6 in the morning followed with 1 vasopro and 1 lipo 6 eights hours later... is that enought to raise the BP to the dangerous levels you are talking about???

Thanks'
    JP

probaly not, but be cautious

good info thanks bro

barnardeep is offline New Member
    does anyone get nauseous from 2 lipo 6 and 1 25 mg of ephedrine?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by prolangtum
    Well thats good for vascularity though, right?

Well, not really. Ephedrine is a vasoconstrictor, which does the exact opposite of NO supplements, which dialate the vessels.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barnardeep
    does anyone get nauseous from 2 lipo 6 and 1 25 mg of ephedrine?
    i feel sick just taking one lipo 6 in the morning b4 work
    but after i choke down that 1st can of tuna im fine

i would try taking it with food if you still feel sick drop the ephedrine. and just take the lipo 6 (with food) and see if you still feel nauseous

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    so after all of that would would be your opinion of what would be good to take with lipo6?

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    well i think heat stack has yohimbine, im staacking it with lean xtreme n sesathin, so would it be safe to say i should stay away from alcohol???

For your goals yes...although a double dose of Sesathin (1 before one after) not only will help negate some of alcohol's bad affects on body comp, but is also a potent anti oxidant for the liver.

Thread Information