mchris is offline New Member

Infected whey protein!!?

The other day, I blended some apple juice, water, a packet of protein mix, and bannana in the same blender I mixed the same kind of shake a few days ago. About 5 hours after drinking, I puked 6x, measured temp at 101. This disappeared within 6 hours of the first episode of vomiting. I can't relate it to anything else I ate.

I assume the whey left over in the blender was infected by Bacillus cerus or I could have obtained a viral infection from something else. The time period strongly suggests food poisioning. The blender was partially washed out with water, but left sitting for a couple of days.

Question is, "Anyone ever got sick from a shake? How thoroughly do you clean your blender or shaker bottle after each use. Do you just rinse it or do you soap it too?"

Aboot is offline Banned
    Dude, it just sounds like simple food poisoning. It could have been anything you ate. Just throw out anything you have left over and be more careful when cleaning your food.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    I definitly agree with the food poisoinging idea, I doubt it was the shake alone...

lol, Dude wash your sh1t out! That sounds pretty gross to be using a crusted over blender with parts of your last shake left in it. I have gotten sick off of a weight gainer I used a while back, and it was definently the powder that did it. Try the same recipe with a completely washed out blender, and see if it happens again.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I did a course about food hygiene ect. When any form of food poisoning occurs it leaves you very ill for several days. If you felt ok after six hours then it does not sound like food poisoning. However I would wash your blender out for future use!!

mchris is offline New Member
    Thanks EcToMoRpHiAn! I will wash my blender with soap instead of the 5 second rinse.

Thread Information