Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member

A little input form everybody on ZMA.

Just curious to see how everyone runs it. I am going to add it to my PCT this time around and want to get an over all idea how people like to take it, how many Mg's per day. Everyones opinion is appreciated.

knock knock, anybody home??????

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    I took the prolab stuff, 2 caps before bed...it says to take it on an empty stomach, no can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Juddman
    I took the prolab stuff, 2 caps before bed...it says to take it on an empty stomach, no can do.
    Is taking it before bed the way to take it??, something tells me spreading the dose out throughout the day would be better, no?

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    Is taking it before bed the way to take it??, something tells me spreading the dose out throughout the day would be better, no?
    I don't know why, but every brand I have seen has always said take before bed...must be a reason, I just don't know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Juddman
    I don't know why, but every brand I have seen has always said take before bed...must be a reason, I just don't know what it is.
    I've heard alot of guys say when they take it they have great sleeps and wake up with 'morningwood' on a more regular basis, probably because they take it right before bed. I dont want the ZMA to only be in action during my sleep I would like it to benifit me and help restor me throughout the day, thats why I would think taking it 2-3 times per day (morning, noon, night) would be best. Any thoughts.

It is just Zinc and Magnesium, so it isnt like you can overdose, if you feel like you can take it 2-3 times during the day where you dont have calcium within 2 hours before/after, then go for it. It is just really hard if you are takin a PWO shake, or just supplementing with protein shakes during the day b/c they all have at least 15-20% calcium, which decreases absorbtion of zinc. I personally am not a big believer in it, because I have been on it for about 2 weeks, and have felt nothing, dont sleep better, and am definently not more horny. I started a poll called ZMA: Does it work, if you want to check out what other people think though.

toc67guru is offline Associate Member
    it definitely makes me more relaxed and drowsy.i too use prolabs zma and take 3 caps 1/2 hour before going to bed on an empty stomach.i think it helps me get a more restful sleep.

3 caps provides:-
    10 mg of B6
    450 mg of magnesium
    30 mg of zinc.

ectomorpphian is right that it should not be consumed with calcium as it lowers absorption.

Quote Originally Posted by EcToMoRpHiAn
    It is just Zinc and Magnesium, so it isnt like you can overdose, if you feel like you can take it 2-3 times during the day where you dont have calcium within 2 hours before/after, then go for it. It is just really hard if you are takin a PWO shake, or just supplementing with protein shakes during the day b/c they all have at least 15-20% calcium, which decreases absorbtion of zinc. I personally am not a big believer in it, because I have been on it for about 2 weeks, and have felt nothing, dont sleep better, and am definently not more horny. I started a poll called ZMA: Does it work, if you want to check out what other people think though.
    Yeah I was reading that thread last night thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by toc67guru
    it definitely makes me more relaxed and drowsy.i too use prolabs zma and take 3 caps 1/2 hour before going to bed on an empty stomach.i think it helps me get a more restful sleep.

3 caps provides:-
    10 mg of B6
    450 mg of magnesium
    30 mg of zinc.

ectomorpphian is right that it should not be consumed with calcium as it lowers absorption.
    You say you take a few caps before bed and it makes you more relaxed and drowsy. Do you think if I was to take 1 cap 3 times per day (morning, noon, night) it would make me tired throughout the day. I dont want to be dosing off during the day. I am using this product, along with others, strickly to help natural test production begin again during PCT.

no, I supplement this especially when I need a little pick me up from a cold. Zinc is really really good for the immune system, and does not make you tired. It basically just helps your body enter a "deep sleep" but doesnt necessarily make you more tired.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    ZMA does not increase test beyond normal levels and should just be used as more of a maintenance for adequate test levels.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Where do you guys buy your zma? Im looking for a place that sells it in bulk

I just use Zinc and Magnesium aspartate pills, it ran me about $ 10 for 300 servings. Bought them seperately 5.99 and 6.99

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    ZMA does not increase test beyond normal levels and should just be used as more of a maintenance for adequate test levels.
    Yeah, I was reading up on it and I think I am going to try running it all the way through my cycle, cant hurt right, and I will keep running it until my PCT ends. Ive never taken ZMA before so Im curious to see what the effects are, Im not expecting anything spectacular but I hope to see decent results from taking it.

I just popped a few caps about a 1/2 hour ago, feel kind of sedated, very relaxed, it's cool. I'll be sleeping like a baby tonight, thats for sure.

Thread Information