Thread: weight gainer

crxsi777 is offline New Member

weight gainer

question:

I work out about 4 times a week, as well as eat properly and drink protein shakes as well. If I start drinking weight gainer instead of protein shakes, will it give me more weight as oppose proitein shake? ( im basically looking to gain about 10 lbs) What weight gainer do you guys suggest as well ?

bruin is offline Junior Member
    N'LARGE 2 is a good one or make your own
    2-3 cups milk
    1 scoop of whey i use O.N choc
    2-3 table spoons natty pb
    2-3 bananas
    Last edited by bruin; 04-28-2005 at 06:50 PM.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crxsi777
    question:

I work out about 4 times a week, as well as eat properly and drink protein shakes as well. If I start drinking weight gainer instead of protein shakes, will it give me more weight as oppose proitein shake? ( im basically looking to gain about 10 lbs) What weight gainer do you guys suggest as well ?
    Keep the protein shakes in your diet.
    Weight gainers will add weight on you.....key word weight, not nescessarly muscle, keep that in mind.
    N-Large 2 has gotten steller reviews or you can make your own weight gainer shake, use the search button.

diezell is offline Senior Member
    i think weight gainers are useless if anything i would add more protein to youre diet, weightgainers usually play with the labels so it looks like youre getting alot of calories in a serving but really are not, also why would you wanna gain weight from these shakes 99% of it will be fat

xxSmartyPantsxx is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diezell
    i think weight gainers are useless if anything i would add more protein to youre diet, weightgainers usually play with the labels so it looks like youre getting alot of calories in a serving but really are not, also why would you wanna gain weight from these shakes 99% of it will be fat
    when i first started working out (10 yrs ago), i was very skinny. the only thing that worked for me back then was to shock my system to grow by eating like a bastard, and using a weight gainer. my metabolism was fierce, and i just didn't respond to anything else. after i gained about 10 lbs using this technique, i stopped using the weight gainer and have made progress ever since then without it. i was using mega mass 2000 at the time.

i do think a weight gainer can be effective for the right type of individual.

cheers

ah2006 is offline New Member
    when choosing a weight gainer .. try and make sure its not loaded with sugar. a lot of gainers out there claim to be having 80g carbs per serving, and with that ... its 60g sugar .. find something low in sugar. Real Gains by universal nutrition has 87g carbs .. only 5g sugar (for example)

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Most weightgainers contain a ton of maltodextrin as it enables these manufactures to boost the calories per serving at a very low cost. I'd stay clear of most weight gainers, excluding Cytosports Cytogainer and Prolab's NLarge gainer. Those two seem to be the most talked about on this board.

Better yet, why not just make your own? A cup of oats, 2 servings of whey, etc.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Quote Originally Posted by bruin
    N'LARGE 2 is a good one or make your own
    2-3 cups milk
    1 scoop of whey i use O.N choc
    2-3 table spoons natty pb
    2-3 bananas
    Lets break this down:

2-3 cups of milk: 160-240 calories (around 24 grams of protein)
    1 scoop of whey: 100 calories (around 20 grams of protein)
    2-3 tbsp's of ANPB: 300 calories (around 24 grams of protein)
    2-3 bananas: 300 calories

You're looking at anywhere from 860 - 940 calories per shake. I'd get fat off that shake pretty quickly.

BlackWidow is offline Associate Member
    What is ANPB ???

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow
    What is ANPB ???
    all natural peanut butter

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by ah2006
    when choosing a weight gainer .. try and make sure its not loaded with sugar. a lot of gainers out there claim to be having 80g carbs per serving, and with that ... its 60g sugar .. find something low in sugar. Real Gains by universal nutrition has 87g carbs .. only 5g sugar (for example)
    Do you realize that you just bumped and are replying to a thread from April 2005????

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    ^^^ Lmao

rubix6 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HORSE
    Do you realize that you just bumped and are replying to a thread from April 2005????
    ha ha i wonder how his gains went

briancb1 is offline Member
    Since its been revived, I must say I am gaining weight quickly with just 1 cytogainer shake a day.... I'm losing the abs but I wonder if any of the weight is muscle

Thread Information