Hans is offline Associate Member

Question The Trib I bought

Bought 2 bottles of Trib over the internet. Manufacturer is Ultimate Nutrition. Label reads Bulgarian Patented Tribulus Capsules. 90 capsules per bottle. 750mg. Ingredients: Tribulus (aerial part) (Tribulus Terrestris L.)
    Other ingredients: gelatin, cellulose, dicalcium phosphate and magnesium stearate. Is this worthless cheap crap or good for PCT?

jpi108 is offline New Member
    When purchasing Tribulus you want to look at the % Saponins and % Protodioscin. As for using it for PCT i think it depends on what you took but most of the time I would not think it is enough...

Plan using Pheednos receommended PCT. But in addition, read about Trib. So how do I know of this bottle has the "% Saponins and % Protodioscin"?

bigordie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Plan using Pheednos receommended PCT. But in addition, read about Trib. So how do I know of this bottle has the "% Saponins and % Protodioscin"?

it should say it on the bottle/package

It should say it on the bottle either on the front or back where it list the facts... I used Trib before and I didn't notice anything until I got quality Trib. Vitrix by Nutrex worked well. 80% Saponins - 20% protodioscin... I would try and get one where at least both were above 45%... here is an article that I read before...

Herbs
    Although they are often dismissed as ineffective solutions to impotence, more and more clinical research studies have found that herbs can help impotent men.

Some of the most popular herbs available on the market today include tribulus, yohimbe, ginkgo biloba, and others. Although they are generally safe and free of side effects (unlike chemical drugs), it is important to know that the quality of their extraction and preparation processes vary widely.

One of the most promising herbs is the purified extract of Tribulus terrestris found in the Libilov for Men supplement. To date, its effects on treating impotence and other sexual dysfunctions have been extensively studied.

Tribulus has been used as traditional medicine to treat sexual dysfunction and male infertility in Europe and Asia for many decades, before improvement in scientific extraction techniques allowed identification of its active ingredient called protodioscin.

More than nine clinical studies performed by six universities and academic hospitals on this purified extract have confirmed the herb's beneficial effect. These studies showed that Tribulus helps treat impotence caused by low testosterone level or an imbalance in the body's level of sex hormones. The active ingredient of Tribulus acts as a natural precursor to these hormones, and is converted into its final forms by the body's own natural enzymes.

Other studies have suggested that Tribulus also acts by increasing the level of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), a naturally occurring substance in the body believed to be important for a healthy sex drive.

In all, these studies proved that Tribulus works very well in curing sexual dysfunctions and maximizing sexual performance when taken regularly (it does not work immediately, however; Tribulus shows positive effects only after two to three months). No known side effects are linked with this herb.

A note of caution: although there are many Tribulus extracts available over the counter today, almost all of these have been found not to contain any significant amount of the active ingredient. Be sure to select a Tribulus extract that contains at least 45% protodioscin.

Well, I now looked at the bottle again and it reads...."naturally contains over 45% steroidal saponins." "Meets Bulgarian state standard specification # ON 0273062-81."
    So what does all this mean in relation to recommendations, anything worthwhile or is this crap?

toc67guru is offline Associate Member
    good post jp one point however is where it states:-
    Be sure to select a Tribulus extract that contains at least 45% protodioscin.
    i feel in reality it should read at least 45% furastanol saponins as i do not feel it is possible to concentrate the specific protodioscin % much higher than 20%.

if indeed you have a product this potent could you provide a link as i would be interested in looking into it.

the highest protodioscin % trib products i have found are 20% protodioscin they are twinlabs tribulus extreme,thermolife's tribosten and sopharma's tribestan.

i have seen trib products as 90% saponin content but as JP says it is specifically a high % protodioscin content which is more important as it is this saponin that raises LH.

many companies are more than willing to state a high saponin % but neglect to confirm protodioscin %.

Quote Originally Posted by toc67guru
    if indeed you have a product this potent could you provide a link as i would be interested in looking into it.

the highest protodioscin % trib products i have found are 20% protodioscin they are twinlabs tribulus extreme,thermolife's tribosten and sopharma's tribestan.
    a product called Libilov with L-Arginine claims it has 45% protodioscin its made by Nutrica...

so do I have garbage or something worthwhile?

imo after studying literature i believe a high % protdioscin is present.

i am very wary when companies fail or conveniently omit to tell of its content when it is this specific saponin that has been studyed reference increases in LH.

so imho i would only use 1 of the 3 companies i recommended previously.

twinlabs tribulus extreme,thermolife's tribosten and sopharma's tribestan.

Quote Originally Posted by toc67guru
    so imho i would only use 1 of the 3 companies i recommended previously.

twinlabs tribulus extreme,thermolife's tribosten and sopharma's tribestan.
    I agree here and would also include Vitrix by Nutrex... good luck bro

Throatfudge is offline New Member
    AndroTest is a product from Prosource. I have not used it nor do I know of anyone that has, but it sounds OK. Heres a link. http://www.prosource.net/product.jsp...|6477&id=14077.
    Last edited by Throatfudge; 05-11-2005 at 07:10 PM.

looks good.(possibly)

what i did read that i am unsure of is that the highest protodioscin % that could be concentrated to date was 20% this supp androtest claims 40-48%.

i am not refuting this but question the possibility of this being accurate.

supplement companies are renound for exagerating advertising claims.

in all honesty i will have to research this myself.

good post throatfudge.

Throatfudge is offline New Member
    Yeah, I would like to get some more info also. All I know is what Prosource says right now..........BUT.... like you stated companies lately like to really add in the hype factor to all the new products out. If you do come up with any substantial info please post it. I would like to check it out too. Thanks toc67guru

your welcome throatfudge.

the same goes for you, if you find anything of interest post it or pm me.

i would be very interested.

Thread Information