Ladies Man is offline Junior Member

A critical Suppplement Question

Hello everyone. I hear that taking L-arginine will raise HGH levels in your body. Also taking glutamine will stimulate GH and reduce muscle catabolism.

L-arginine: 3 grams 1 hour before workout AND directly before sleep (on empty stomach)

Glutamine: 5-10 grams 2x daily (preferably 3-5 grams after workout and 3-5 grams before bed)

Is taking that much glutamine and L-arginine safe?? Taking that much L-arginine is not prescribed by a pyhsician and some consideration should be taken when taking it. Any help is appreciated

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    I've read you can take up to but its not reccomended to go over 40 grams of glutamine a day, but IMO you don't need that much I stick to about 15 grams a day.

big'r is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladies Man
    Hello everyone. I hear that taking L-arginine will raise HGH levels in your body. Also taking glutamine will stimulate GH and reduce muscle catabolism.
    From what i heard glutamine doesn't do shit. It will not increase protein synthesis, and the anti catabolic effect is not proven either. But they do love to sell the stuff, so they will tell you anything.

As for arginine. This only seems to be working significantly in mega doses.

Thread Information