Thread: Which R-ALA?

Silverbackgorilla is offline Junior Member

Which R-ALA?

I am trying to decide which R-ala to go with.. What brand that is?

I was thingk about the AST Version(90 caps--200mg each cap) or the SANS version 120-caps 100mg Ala each cap.. If not one of those what brand is good?

I have also heard I should use K-R-ALA as it is more stable.. But it is not very easy to find.. Is the R-ala okay instead?

I am still trying to learn about r-ala.. so any info on dosing would be great.. But from what I have seen 100-200mg per 30-40 carbs.. Does that sound right?

What do you guys think?

liftsiron is offline New Member
    I'm using lion nutrition and it's working well.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    1fast400 has Krala as well as nutraplanet available in bulk

Get Glucophase XR by designer suppliments!!!

http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=1607

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    syntrax is cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    1fast400 has Krala as well as nutraplanet available in bulk

Get Glucophase XR by designer suppliments!!!

http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=1607
    Bryan2.. you seem like the only one who is really suggesting the k-r-ala.. This is not meant in a bad way at all....maybe your the only one who has tried it and know there is a difference

Just wondering why no one else seems to have tried the k-r-ala?

Do you think I would notice a big difference between the 2? Being as I have never used either one, I really dont know what results to expect...

thanks bro

well you can get results from either ala needs to be taken at a much higher dose than rala to have the same effect.

Rala isnt that stable without the K(potassium) added to it

you could use ala or rala and still have the product work.

But I notice that it takes less of the Krala to get the same effect for me and the glucophase is the BEST ala product ive used to date.

Do a search on the net and youll find that Krala reduces glucose more at a lower mg doseage.

But certainly ala or even r-ala will work I just always like to reccomend the best product out that ive found.

1. there is no evidence that K-rala is more stable, other than that provided by the company that sells it (geronova and various chines wholesalers). It may be more stable, but addition of pottasium likely also changes excretion rate and uptake. R+ lipoic is amphiphilic, addition of K+ will likely make it more hydrophillic and more likely to be excreted.

2. There is no test for purity of K-rala, and according to sources in china its made via extraction from racemate (typically 80% R+). Though this has not been verified.

3. IMH, and likely very biased, opinion glucorell R is the best R+ lipoic product on the market. Every batch is tested for purity, most recent batch was 119.4 optical rotation. as a reference that is purer than the standards, chemically pure reference materials, being sold by merck and others.

4. Lowering blood glucose, though important, is not the main function of R+ lipoic. Its activity at PPAR is much more significant when it comes to insulin sensitivity and body comp.

5. as a futher note- there are at least 3 large and and unknown # of small companies selling racemate as r+. Hence the reason for some confusion with respect to effectiveness. Previously 2 companies(aside from the 3 mentioned above) had r+ lipoic on the label, though later switched to 100mg R+ from 200mg lipoic. When they figured it out or someone pointed it out to them (a good move).

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    well you can get results from either ala needs to be taken at a much higher dose than rala to have the same effect.

Rala isnt that stable without the K(potassium) added to it

you could use ala or rala and still have the product work.

But I notice that it takes less of the Krala to get the same effect for me and the glucophase is the BEST ala product ive used to date.

Do a search on the net and youll find that Krala reduces glucose more at a lower mg doseage.

But certainly ala or even r-ala will work I just always like to reccomend the best product out that ive found.
    Thanks bro.. I think I will give the k-r-ala a try.. I am taking it for fat loss.. Do you recommend taking it as the directions say.. or have you found another way that seems more efficient?

thanks again
    SB

Best thing for me during fat loss was take a dose at night and then once again on an empty stomach before morning cardio works wonders

use during the day for high carb meals if you can afford it use for all carb meals lol

take it pre workout for pump and increased fat burning effects towards the end of your workout.

Thread Information