Throatfudge is offline New Member

Shoulder pain and supplements

Quick overview. About 5 years ago I had shoulder surgery on my left shoulder. I had a complete tendon tear. A stainless steel anchor was put in and the tendon was re-attached. Fast forward to now. Lately I have been having some aches and pains and they are becoming much more frequent. I have went back to speak with the Doc, and it seems that I have alot of scar tissue and what looks like a very small cartilage tear. 9 days ago I started to take Glucosamine and Chondroitin. 2 tablets daily totalling 1,500 mg of Glucosamine and 1,200 mg of Chondroitin. Should I take these tablets together or split them throughout the day? Is this dosage enough to possibly help? Also Is there anything else I could add in with this to help? I am trying to avoid what seems to be enevitible here.................. more surgery. I really dont want to have the downtime out of the gym. Especially at this time of the year. Thanks for any and all help.

Klossus is offline Associate Member
    i tweaked my shoulder to the point where it is uncomfortable to lift last week.

this is what i am doing:

taking 3 weeks off lifting anything that would give me any type of pain in my shoulder

taking glucosamine/chondroitin @ 6grams/4.8grams (together)

i stretch it daily and use a heat/ice combo to make sure i have proper blood flow

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    6 and 4.8 may be rather drastic... I recommend the recommended... 1.5 & 1.2...is fine maybe some band work... some rotator... avoid pushing exercises above your head, and maybe try MSM with the GLU & CHO... shark cartlidge is expensive but worth a try... supplement suggestion: "Bone Up... by Jarrow"

Thread Information