Taurus is offline Member

creatine + dextrose

I've done my research on several of the threads. I got a huge sack of dextrose. I know to take it with my PWO shake at a ratio of 2:1 with protein.
    I've also read that if i add creatine in the mix, then the dextrose + creatine is basically the same as cell-tech, and cell-tech has served me well before.

My questions are as follows:

1) is dextrose + creatine the same as cell-tech?
    2) should dextrose be taken on non workout days? the reason i ask this is because i will be taking 5 grams of creatine everyday, so that means i have to take the dextrose everyday right?
    3) do i need to load the monohydrate @20 grams a day for the first 5 days or is 5 grams enough from the get go because of the dextrose?

A lot of questions i know, but all help will be appreciated as i have never taken dex before.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    1) more or less
    2) yes
    3) i would load up at 10 gram's per day for the first 5 day's if i was going to run 5 grams ED

Taurus is offline Member
    if i have to load up...then how much dextrose should i take during the loading phase. I know to take about 60grams of dex with 30 grams of protein and 5grams of creatine. But when i am taking 10grams of creatine @5grams per serving twice a day, should i take the dex with both servings or with only one serving and at what dose?

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus
    if i have to load up...then how much dextrose should i take during the loading phase. I know to take about 60grams of dex with 30 grams of protein and 5grams of creatine. But when i am taking 10grams of creatine @5grams per serving twice a day, should i take the dex with both servings or with only one serving and at what dose?

with both serving's keep the dose the same

Taurus is offline Member
    so basically, with every 5 gram serving, take 60 grams of dex right? is there a reason why i should load up with 10 grams rather than 20 grams per day? is it because of the added dex? sorry about all the questions, its just that dex is new to me.

no bother about the question's bro that's why everyone is here. there is no reason if you wan't to load up on 20g of cratine that's upto you i was just saying IMO 10 would do

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Loading creatine is a gimick started by the companies selling creatine to get you to use more creatine. You don't have to load creatine, just stick with 5g a day or get CEE and use less.

Taurus is offline Member
    if i was to take 4 servings of creatine @5 grams per serving for the first 5 days, that makes it 240 grams of dex a day?...thats a lot of sugar man!

nsa
    You don't need to load or ingest that much sugar...

Taurus is offline Member
    so if i wasnt taking creatine, would i still have to take dextrose on non workout days?...i workout 4 times a week.

nsa
    If you don't need to spike your insulin to shuttle creatine to your muscles, then you don't to ingest dextrose.

Thread Information