rugger4 is offline New Member

best night time protein?

hey i was wondering what you guys would reccomend as far as a before bed protein. taste not so much a concern, price somewhat of a concern

Thanks

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    ribs, they'll put you right to sleep. Sorry, I jsut watched Chapelle Show

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Micellar casein. Turkey is also good and contains tryptophan to help you fall asleep.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    cottage cheese

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    I eat cottage cheese for dinner...with salt and pepper

jimihendryx is offline Associate Member
    Manchowder.

Packed with protein. It works wonders for my girlfriend. Or at least I think it does. I always sleep better when she's done anyway.

russia dog is offline Member
    any slow releasing protein.... cottage cheese and casein is a perfect combination.. and is not too heavy on your stomach dat may be uncomfortable while sleepin

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatman51
    I eat cottage cheese for dinner...with salt and pepper
    lmao

ImACrazyJewDaddy is offline Associate Member
    I have the VPX Micellean, it say its suppose to last upto 7 hours of sustained release protien while sleeping, and that it forms a gel in your stomach to stop you from craving food as much at night time. Honestly, i thihnk this shit sucks after using it for 2 weeks. Im starving all the time, and wake up with stomach cramps for being hungry. and i eat everything i ****ing can/want. Theirs a better casien protien out thats cheaper. I think im going to use this stuff called Probolic. It suppose to be better, and i think it releases protien for up to 12 hours. Its also cheaper by like 15$!!!

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    You have to realize that those claims are exaggerated. By both companies. Micellar protein will form a sort of 'gel' in your stomach which will slow digestion, but not for as long as they claim. They are making claims that are exactly what you would want to hear for a bedtime protein. If the protein really lasted for 8-12 hours, you would only need to take 3 shakes a day to constantly be anabolic . Which isn't the case in reality.

I agree that micellean by VPX sucks, sh!tty flavors and it goes does feeling very granulated, almost like sand would feel i imagine. You should check out TrueProtein.com and make your own custom protein for before bed.

I just bought ON's Micellar Cassein and it is pretty good. It is really really thick, reminds me of a Mioplex MR. I would recommend it though, I dont wake up hungry, and would assume that because it is 100% cassein, it is just as good as any other slow digesting protein. It set me back about $24

Thread Information