Thread: Zma

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

Zma

what up guys i been on ZMA for about two weeks and im holding water like crazy is this some sort of sideaffect ??? never taken it before so its nw to me sometimes i take it with my night time shake before bed is that a problem

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Never heard of anyone retaining water from ZMA, and before bed is where your supposed to take it. Did you recently start taking creatine or switch to a different creatine. Bump for anyone else who has experienced this.

im on efferscent cretine im gonna stop the ZMA for a day or two see what happens i dont think it really makes a diffrence anyway i take plenty of Vitamins anyway i have a group of pills that a swalloe twice dayly basis

nsa
    How long have you been on the creatine?

been on it for a while and i have taken it before and it has never blotted me out before

nsa
    Well im guessing that its the creatine thats bloating you, not the ZMA. I've never heard of anyone getting bloated from ZMA, as its pretty much just vitamins & minerals.

is it ok to down ZMA with my nitetme shake

nsa
    Right before bed is the best time to take it. Doesn't it say on the directions to take before bed?

maybe its just me i forget to mention that i peaked at 5% bf 2 weeks ago then my body crashed so i tok a week off this is my first week back but i did maintain the diet the whole time off...also it says to avoid takeing ZMA with other calcium products

nsa
    5% BF is really low. Anything would make you look bloated with that BF%. You don't really need much calcium supplementation, you should get enough from your diet if you have a decent diet that is.

yeah its vry decent i'll stick with the zma im just gonna pop it right beforei put my head down, thanks man also i will reduce my creatine intake from just 1 serving before workout and not one after just exspermint see what happens

nsa
    Probably won't make much difference.

Chances are that the ZMA really isnt doing anything for you other than the placebo effect. The problem with it is that you can't take it within 2 hours of any calcium, and I guarantee that your protein shake has calcium in it. This affects the absorbtion, meaning you are probably not getting anything out of the ZMA other than expensive urine. I gave up on ZMA because there is no way that I can go to bed without some cassein in me, which provides about 90% of my daily calcium needs.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    zma should also be taken on an empty stomach... 30 min post any meal and 30 min before bed... if you don't want to fast for too long wake in between sleep for a pro shake or mrp

Thread Information