Are Weight Loss Sups Catabolic To Muscle?

Never tried a weight loss sup before, but eventually I'm thinking of trying one and I wanted to know do you think it would be very catabolic to muscle? Most diets never burn simply fat, some muscle is lost ofcourse but would taking something like stacker 2 make the muscle loss worse?

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    don't know if over the counter is what you were looking for... clenbuterol is been said to be anti catabolic... even adds lean muscle mass... I've never taken it, or any diet supps for that matter...

aminophiliac is offline Junior Member
    I've always found I lost less muscle and more fat on thermogenics. Seems to make everything a little bit easier. It would sure be worth a try IMO. Just watch your progress a little closer to make sure the calories you burn come from were you want them as everyone is different.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Most of them are semi-catabolic, not as bad as you think though. The reason stimulants and thermogenics get a bad rap is because they are almost always used in conjunction with cardio and a calorie restricted diet. Which on their own often cause catabolism.

Clenbuterol is not catabolic, actually very very slightly anabolic for the first 20 or so days. Your not going to see muscle gains or anything from clen , but you won't see much muscle loss on a calorie restricted diet either.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    thanx for clearing that up (on clen )

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Read the 'clen handbook' for lots of info on clenbuterol ...

Thread Information