Safety31 is offline Banned

Chromium Picolinate

what do you guys think about Chromium Picolinate?

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    great safe stuff... 500mcg daily by solgar... sustained energy, fat loss

birsling is offline Member
    I thought it didn't do sh*t, even in high doses I noticed nothing. But that is why everybody is different.

Safety31 is offline Banned
    i mean what is it really supposed to do and when do u take it?

supplementsavvy is offline Junior Member
    Chromium is important for proper glucose metabolism, it is believed that a high-average chromium intake helps stabilize blood sugar levels. From what I've read over the years, supplemental chromium is of little value unless one is deficient. The 100 or 200 mcg of chromium you get from a good multi is enough.

Look at another example of similarly faulty logic..B vitamins are very important in energy production from carbs, fats and proteins. So an extreme deficiency of B vitamins would lead to impaired metabolism. However, saying that B vitamins are great fat-burners is bull. Despite the poor logic, I've often read of B-vitamins as metabolism enhancers.

I think you would be better off trying vanadyl sulfate..I have many clients (I do nutritional consultations at a health food store) who love the pump and muscle fullness it gives them.

If you're going to use chromium anyways, use chromium GTF, not picolinate. Picolinate forms are niacin antagonists and can cause awful headaches and other problems.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    vanadyl sulfate has more side effects than chromium and picolinate is the best form for working out

Thread Information