eyernvxxn is offline Female Member

no spike w/ malto?

OK so, I was bored the other day, so I was reading the shit on the back of my weight gainer (that I use for post workout) which has 80 carbs, 75 of which are from malto. I have always read that malto although it has a longer chain and is considered a complex carb technically, is very fast and will produce the insulin spike needed for PWO.

But this is what the back container says: "You'll also replenish liver glycogen stores after your workout so you can fully recover and grow! No insulin spikes. Just a stable, strong, truly anabolic environment..."

Ummmm, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by eyernvxxn
    OK so, I was bored the other day, so I was reading the shit on the back of my weight gainer (that I use for post workout) which has 80 carbs, 75 of which are from malto. I have always read that malto although it has a longer chain and is considered a complex carb technically, is very fast and will produce the insulin spike needed for PWO.

But this is what the back container says: "You'll also replenish liver glycogen stores after your workout so you can fully recover and grow! No insulin spikes. Just a stable, strong, truly anabolic environment..."

Ummmm, huh?

maltodextrin does cause an insulin spike.

so they're lying? Jerks.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Oh yeah that is a total fabrication....Malto is one of the highest things on the GI scale there's no doubt it'll spike ths shit out of your insulin .

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Oh yeah that is a total fabrication....Malto is one of the highest things on the GI scale there's no doubt it'll spike ths shit out of your insulin.

quite true

ty guys.

Thread Information