GOSOX is offline Junior Member

Dextrose, please help

hi guys, sorry if this is wrong forum but i get good responces in here. i just got my 5pound free bottle of Dextrose. there is no info with it. im really not to familiar with this, when to take it or how much. can i please get some info on this stuff and is it good to take with a cycle?? thanks.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    u should take it with ur protein shake. the ratio is 1gram protein=2grams dextrose. u can use ur scooper from ur protein bottle, but make sure u check how much grams the scooper is, it should be next to the calories, (not the grams of protien)

darmadoc is offline Member
    Huh? A 5 lb. bottle of dextrose? Are you sure that is what you have? I'm not sure why you would be given that. Can you give some more info?

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    u should take it with ur protein shake. the ratio is 1gram protein=2grams dextrose. u can use ur scooper from ur protein bottle, but make sure u check how much grams the scooper is, it should be next to the calories, (not the grams of protien)
    Oh, I see. I thought it was a bottle of liquid for injection. Never mind.

bigsupplyeu is offline Banned
    i got mine too just didnt know what to use with lol

i hate to sound like a dumbass but im really not familiar with dextrose, i just saw a post in here for a free bottle so i ordered it, lol. i have a 5 lb bottle, not sure how to measure it, so i should use my proiten shake scooper?? also, do i put it in my protien shake or what do i mix it with and when and how much should i take of it and is it good to take while im on a deca test cycle. any info i can get would be great, ive been trying to find info on dextrose online but cant find much to what it is used for for bodybuilding

It would seem to me that it might be used in conjunction with insulin . Nothing to be used without tons of experience.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    do a search. It is used in your pwo shake in a ratio of 2:1 dextrose:whey protein. To spike insulin to shuttle protein to muscles and to restore muscle glycogen.

MarkinHouston is offline Associate Member
    Correct. But you only need to restore muscle glycogen immediately after it's been depleted. In other words, only have a dex and protein shake within a half hour of a good workout. Otherwise you stand a good chance of it getting converted and stored.

i did a search and still not finding much., so let me get this straight, if i do 2 scoops of protien which is 20grams a scoop i should do i scoop of dextrose in the shake as well????

also, is this good to use while on or off a cycle or does it not matter, not trying to be a pain but i would love for someone to give a good explanation about dextrose for me, thanks

saw your post after mine houston, that helps a little, thanks,

nsa
    search pwo nutrition...

last question, if im taking a 40gram protien shake i need 80 grams of dextrose, is there a easy way to measure out my dextrose cause it doesnt say anything on the bottle, like how many tablespoons or somthing i should put in, my protien powder is 20grams per scoop so i was thinking 2 scoops of that for 40 then i scoop of dextrose, my scooper is 31 grams though

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by GOSOX
    last question, if im taking a 40gram protien shake i need 80 grams of dextrose, is there a easy way to measure out my dextrose cause it doesnt say anything on the bottle, like how many tablespoons or somthing i should put in, my protien powder is 20grams per scoop so i was thinking 2 scoops of that for 40 then i scoop of dextrose, my scooper is 31 grams though
    They are not the same density. Get a cheap scale and measure it out or use measuring cups...

BigPimpn is offline New Member
    Im not 100% sure but I think the protein scooper is about 45 grams of dextrose per scoop.

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpn
    Im not 100% sure but I think the protein scooper is about 45 grams of dextrose per scoop.
    You don't even know what size scooper he's talking about. Use 1 measuring cup to be certain...

MarkinHouston is offline Associate Member
    For mine, I weighed it and it worked out exactly twice as dense, so 2 scoops of each gives me the 2:1 ratio...but different protein products are, well, ...different. I use Pro Complex.

Derek6621 is offline New Member
    Hey man I talked to the company and its 14 grams per tablespoon....I think thats what your looking for.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    That about sums it up, the scopper should be 50g

- just to add, you should 0.25g of dex per pound of bodyweight if cutting and I suposse you are coz everybody is in summertime (and double that in protein...but that was already covered)

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I can see I was being a smarta$$ and everything I wrote has already been written in this thread , don't mind me

Darkness is offline Member
    This dextrose is about twice as dense as protein, what I do is 2 scoops of protein and 2 scoops of dex.

Thread Information