robkesl is offline Senior Member

How much protein?

how much protein can you take in at one time, i guess how much can you take at once without wasting? how many grams?

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    It depends on your body composition, size, etc... but i have heard average from like 35-50g

gio86 is offline Member
    yea..i've normaly take in about 40 maybe a lil more. probobly more than 50 is a waste

pqow92 is offline New Member
    i dunt kno if its tru or not but i remeber hearing onmtv that ur body only digests 23 grams at one time...any more is a waste..im not 100% on it

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Quote Originally Posted by pqow92
    i dunt kno if its tru or not but i remeber hearing onmtv that ur body only digests 23 grams at one time...any more is a waste..im not 100% on it
    Not true at all. Depends on many factors. And hormones are a big part of it. People using steroids , depending on which ones, can absorb alot more than people that are natural...

gio86 is offline Member
    defently true what nsa said...but i was thinking of a person on just supplements such as multi, creatine and protein.....i would say about 45...not 100% sure

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i consume one 100g shake a day.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Quote Originally Posted by gio86
    defently true what nsa said...but i was thinking of a person on just supplements such as multi, creatine and protein.....i would say about 45...not 100% sure
    It really depends on the person. There are way too many factors at play to make any sort of generalization...

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    It will vary depending on the bodyweight of the individual. From the reading I have done it is in the range of 25-50 grams of protein. The larger the individual, the higher along the range. You have to experiment to see what works best for you.

Thread Information