Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Cheapest phantotenic acid

Im guessing this question is ok since ar-r doesnt have a panthotenic acid product.

Do you guys know any place where I can find realy cheap panthotenic acid(vitamin b5). I am gonna experiment with running it 5-10grams/day if I can find it. Some studies indicate that it might be a good and very safe way to bump up fat metabolism. But Im not willing to spend 4-5$/Day on it. Can anyone think of any industrial use for this vitamin? It must be possible to find it cheaply somewhere.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    You are always up to some crazy shit aren't you?? I know its supposedly good for acne. But serisouly all the vitamins and so on, what kind of difference are you expecting them to make???

a korean doctor treated obesity with 10 grams of pantothenic acid/Day. Everyone in the studie reported no hunger what so ever and lost 1,3kg every week. No ketones where produced either. His claim is that pantothenic acid makes the body so capabel of using fat as energy that it satisfied all energy needs(hence no hunger).

I come up with crazy shit because someone have to

I have dropped 7 ibs since I started mega dosing vitamin c by the way while making very good strenght gains. I dont give all the credit to vitamin c but it has made a difference. At this same time I cut my test dosages in half so if anything my strenght gains should have dropped. They didnt.

So I do belive, or well I should say I know for a fact that vitamins can mage a huge difference and Im more then willing to experiment with myself.

Im also looking for healthy and cheaps ways to enhance performance. Most people dont pay any attention to micro nutrients while paying all the attention on macro's. Thats starting at the wrong end. The first concern should be micros because without them nothing works. Both from a performance and from a health perspective micro nutrients should be priority number one. Always.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...t_uids=8583972

Med Hypotheses. 1995 May;44(5):403-5. Related Articles, Links

Pantothenic acid as a weight-reducing agent: fasting without hunger, weakness and ketosis.

Leung LH.

Department of General Surgery, Hong Kong Central Hospital.

With the conventional method of fasting or aggressive dieting to reduce excess body fat, hunger, weakness, ketogenesis and ketosis are the sequential events that follow. It is not fully understood why, under conditions of negative calorie balance where complete energy release from storage fat is critical, ketosis should arise with a concomitant wastage of energy. Here, I wish to propose a theory that relates the formation of ketone bodies under such conditions to a deficiency in dietary pantothenic acid. Supplementation of this vitamin would facilitate complete catabolism of fatty acids and thus the formation of ketone bodies could be circumvented. As a result, a sufficient amount of energy would be released from storage fat to relieve dieters of the sensation of hunger and weakness which otherwise would be difficult to endure. Hence, using this method for weight reduction together with a careful observation of calorie intake, I have great success in treating overweight-to-obese patients to lose weight.

PMID: 8583972 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    No results are stated here but I have read more about it in a book.

If his claims is right pantothenic acid can reduce catabolism, increase fat loss while decreasing hunger and fatigue. All done with a very safe substance without side effects.
    I cant lose anything(except some money) by giving it a shot

Damn sounds good, I just take my Multi. Perhaps that's not quite enough for performance enhancing effects. But I'd rather spend my money on other "goodies".

yeah Im a cheapskate to and juice is expensive but if I can find it cheap enough to run 10grams/day at a cost of maby 1$ a day it will be worth it to me.
    Even if it only gives a small increase in fat loss.
    I would rather use it then something like ephedra since I hate ephedra

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Is beer a micro nutrient? If it is...I have a good head start!

its rich in b vitamins so we migth as well call it a micro

your local vitamin shop should have it. i just got some yesterday 100 pills 500mg\pill for $7. i'm using it to combat oily skin.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    bodybuilding.com Now makes it.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    b 5 is a great supp... also gives a sense of well being and a balanced mood. Considering you like alternatives... vit B complex's are a thought... good bang for the buck as they come equipped with other B's, folic acid, niacin and even zinc... be careful though if thinking weight loss as some increase your appetite. Another idea is brewers yeast... not tasty... but another great source. those are my 2 cents...C YA

bodybuilding.com had a awsome price Thanks for the advice shred

Dwayne yeah a b complex Im defenetly going to buy when I get some more cash. Not brewers yest though I have candida and all yest products make it worse.
    Almost all b vitamins have crucial parts in metabolism of different macros

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    no problem bro.

Let me know how that goes, I would def take some for those effects as well as the positive effects it had on the skin.

Will do
    Wont be able to afford to order for a few weeks though if I cant borrow cash from a friend. Clearing out the acne would be cool to my back is covered in zits.

You need to win the lottery my man....Or find another Job? What do you do? I read an article from a while back saying that everything in Swenden is mad expensive, that true?

no kidding. Food is like 3 times as expensive here as in the states for instance. Supplements is expensive. Taxes are highest in the world.

I right now work as a assitante for disabled. But in end of august I pic up my university studies again(physics). So I have alot of years beeing broke ahead of me Im trying every trick in the book to get away cheap though. Like buying whey from diary factories, trying to find cheap meat in similar ways(had a resturant owner that sold me cheap meat for a while).

its the food that is the hardest to afford. I can never afford the food I want to eat. If I want to be high on protein then good meat is out of the question.

Dude, you gotta just move to the US.....Sooooo much easier! I feel you pain man. When I was in college i tried to do what i could but most of my money was tied up in drugs and booze So i did everything half asses. Even ran Test E for 8 weeks with no protein supplementation and no PCT. What a ****ing retard I was.

I think I would rather move to like germany that has no laws against use of steroids (only illegal to sell) food is cheap there to

I hate the fact that it screws with the mind to put all money on juice, food and supplements. Its like sometimes I get this ****ing urge to buy everything in sight. I havet even bought clothes now for a full year. Im sic and tired of never having any money.

Dude, def try to get the money situation under control. Even though money isn't everything not having any and woring about it all the time is just brutal, takes a toll on you for sure.

fortunaly in august and september I will get alot of cash. But after that its down to 800$ a month when studying. I can survive on it just have to be cheap. Ohh well when university is done and over with I will earn alot more hopefully

or well its more like 900$ acctualt. but rent is over 500 so not much over to spend on food/sups/juice.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    in reference to acne... B5 does help, zinc in large quantities does miracles (80 mg).. nice erections too, beta carotene/vit A in large quantities... can be toxic though, biotin ...also good for hair and nails, aside from that HGH is great.. ohh and proactive is pretty good

mekler is offline Associate Member
    proactive is pretty good but overpriced. it's just a benzoyl peroxide face wash (but it's sort of grainy so it does give your face a good srub), a toner, and the benzoyl peroxide cream. i'm a subscriber.

Thread Information