Thread: Gnc!!!

Taurus is offline Member

Exclamation Gnc!!!

OK. I'm about to start my Superdrol cycle and bought the following from GNC. I just wanted to make sure i have the correct stuff:

1) Standardized Milk Thistle
    80% Silymarin

2) Niacin and Inositol Complex (No Flush)
    Niacin 500mg
    Inositol 150mg

3) Hawthorn
    Hawthorn Berries (Crataegus oxyacantha) 500mg

They all also contain cellulose, silicon, dioxide, and other stuff.

I am planning to take:

Milk thistle - 1000mg ed
    Niacin - 500mg three times a day
    Hawthorn - 1500mg ed

Do I have the right stuff? Are my doses good?

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus
    OK. I'm about to start my Superdrol cycle and bought the following from GNC. I just wanted to make sure i have the correct stuff:

1) Standardized Milk Thistle
    80% Silymarin

2) Niacin and Inositol Complex (No Flush)
    Niacin 500mg
    Inositol 150mg

3) Hawthorn
    Hawthorn Berries (Crataegus oxyacantha) 500mg

They all also contain cellulose, silicon, dioxide, and other stuff.

I am planning to take:

Milk thistle - 1000mg ed
    Niacin - 500mg three times a day
    Hawthorn - 1500mg ed

Do I have the right stuff? Are my doses good?

Everything is good, except the hawthorne berry. You want hawthorne berry extract, not hawthorne berries. There is a difference the hawthorne berries are just ground hawthorne berries, not standardized for a certain percentage of the extract. BTW, GNC is not the best place to buy supplements...

Taurus is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Everything is good, except the hawthorne berry. You want hawthorne berry extract, not hawthorne berries. There is a difference the hawthorne berries are just ground hawthorne berries, not standardized for a certain percentage of the extract. BTW, GNC is not the best place to buy supplements...
    i know gnc is mad expensive, but i got a good hook-up...so i get them dirt cheap...i was a bit weary about the hawthorn berries...thanks nsa...i'll look for the extracts...are the doses correct?

nsa
    Pretty much...

Taurus is offline Member
    ok...i went to buy hawthorn berry extract from the store but there was much confusion.

the lady kept saying that the hawthorn berries is the same thing. she was saying "standardized" is the same as extract? is she right? it didnt say "extract" in the ingredient panel? even the 1 fast 400 bottle doesnt say "extract"...i am confused fellas!

Taurus is offline Member
    bump

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes. The GNC Standardized line is the extract... I don't remember seeing the Hawthorne in an extract though ("Fingerprinted" only). The nutrition label should read like the Milk Thistle with a % of active ingredient or something like that. I'll check for you tomorrow.

NSHOOTER320 is offline Junior Member
    quick question on this thread, what is the purpose of niacin and inositol?

Taurus is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fLgAtOr
    Yes. The GNC Standardized line is the extract... I don't remember seeing the Hawthorne in an extract though ("Fingerprinted" only). The nutrition label should read like the Milk Thistle with a % of active ingredient or something like that. I'll check for you tomorrow.
    thanks for looking into it...the gnc bottle doesnt read like the milk thistle bottle...it doesnt mention a percentage of extract. it just says hawthorn berries. so i doubt its the extract.

thanks for looking into it...the gnc bottle doesnt read like the milk thistle bottle...it doesnt mention a percentage of extract. it just says hawthorn berries. so i doubt its the extract.
    No prob bob. They should carry it. The extract should say:

"Hawthorn Leaves & Flowers Extract (Crataegus laevigata)(2% Vitexin = 3mg) 150 mg"

Not sure how that compares to the Bulk Nutition product, but if its an extract it shoouulllld give the exact amounts of everything. Let me know if there is anything else I can do and have fun with the Superdrol!

FL

Quote Originally Posted by NSHOOTER320
    quick question on this thread, what is the purpose of niacin and inositol?
    Niacin is to help keep your lipid profiles in check...still not sure what inositol is for...

FL

Taurus is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fLgAtOr
    No prob bob. They should carry it. The extract should say:

"Hawthorn Leaves & Flowers Extract (Crataegus laevigata)(2% Vitexin = 3mg) 150 mg"

Not sure how that compares to the Bulk Nutition product, but if its an extract it shoouulllld give the exact amounts of everything. Let me know if there is anything else I can do and have fun with the Superdrol!

FL
    ok...the gnc near me didnt have anything...so i found the following: it reads:

hawthorn berries powdered extract........250mg (per capsule)
    standardized to contain 1.80% vitexin.

if this is the right stuff...then 1.8% = 4.5mg

if i have to take 1500mg every day, i need to take a couple of bottles a day...somethings gotta be wrong here!

I'm assuming you would still take 6 per day then. You want the extract becuase you actually KNOW that you are getting a consistent dose everytime of the active ingredient. With the other product, (for example GNC Fingerprinted) you could still be taking 1500mg but having some variation of the amount of chemical that you need for bp.

Someone could probably give a better answer... NSA?

I could try to relate it to other "herbs". Depending on sunlight, soil, water, etc etc there could be some variation in the uhhh pot ency. I skipped the Hawthorn and really haven't had a problem without it...But better safe than sorry.

FL

Taurus is offline Member
    nsa?...i need u bro!

NSHOOTER320 is offline Junior Member
    bump on the niacin + inositol question

nsa
    nsa?...i need u bro!
    Look for something with a good percentage of vitexin and flavonoids...

Taurus is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Look for something with a good percentage of vitexin and flavonoids...
    everything i found had the same percentage of vitexin "1.8%". i've been takin the "powder extract" that i outline above and i dont have any headaches?...does that mean its working? or is it that some people dont get headaches but still have high BP?

everything i found had the same percentage of vitexin "1.8%". i've been takin the "powder extract" that i outline above and i dont have any headaches?...does that mean its working? or is it that some people dont get headaches but still have high BP?
    Get your BP checked... Nosebleeds and headaches are not the best indicators.

nsa
    Well just because you don't get headaches doesn't mean your BP isn't high. But thats the main problem people complain about when they have high BP. So not having headaches is a good start, but like was said above get your BP check periodically. It doesn't take alot of time, only a minute or two to check it....

Thread Information