GQSuperman is offline Banned

fish oil versus flax

whats the benefit of taking fish oil caps over flax oil. both have omegas....but i've read fish oil is beneficial i fat loss (i guess i assumed via stimulation of lipolysis). i've read a couple suggestions of taking fish oils, in addition to flax...and that flax is not a suitable replacement.

so, does fish oil have some added benefit in shedding of fat, other than just giving your body a fat source to stimulate lipolysis and providing omegas?

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Yes what you really want out of your oils is EPA/DHA which flax has to convert to kind of like a prohormone to fish oil.

fish oil does not have to convert and is already pure EPA/DHA so you are getting a stronger version and therefore more bang for your buck.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    if you can get your hands on "total EFA's" they provide omega 3's 6 and 9. These are the most complete and effective.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewade
    if you can get your hands on "total EFA's" they provide omega 3's 6 and 9. These are the most complete and effective.
    I agree, udo's oil is the best.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    there is no need for 99% of people to supplement Omega 6's, your diet provides plenty. Just get fish oil. No need for a blend.

Thread Information