nathanlgd is offline Associate Member

Headaches!!! help :(

As some of you may know, I did a Superdrol cycle a few months back. On the first day of the cycle I experienced a nasty headache whilst on the bench. Having trained on and off for 12 months previously, I'd never experienced a headache whilst training so I put it down to the Superdrol. I got ontop of the headaches towards the back end of the cycle, I was using Hawthorne Berry Extract and Aspirin to help lower blood pressure and this seemed to work. For the final week and a half of the cycle I didn't take any headache precautions and was fine - lifting more than I ever had from the strength gains on the superdrol.
    Anyway, following this I had a troublesome month where I split up with my girl friend - this disturbed my training and eating and I lost alot of weight and strength. I've been back in the gym for 3 maybe 4 weeks now and I've got my diet back on track. The only problem is, I'm having headaches almost everytime I workout?! Its so, so anoying. The headaches are like the ones I experienced at the begining of the superdrol cycle. I seem to suffer the most when I'm benching. The day after I have a headache I'll be able to feel it usualy all day - only very mildly but I an feel its their.
    I've started taking Hawthorne Berry and Aspirin and they seem to hold the headaches off a little but not entirely.
    Has anyone got any advice? its really, really pissing me off. I'm 22 years old, I'm 184lb, 5'10'' and around 14% body fat. In the past I would very rarely get headaches - literaly two or three times a year. I'm going to do a Test E cycle in a few weeks, I really don't want these headaches to disturb that cycle.
    Please help!
    Cheers

Just got back from the gym, back and biceps today. Had a great workout with no headaches - I did take two aspirin before hand though.
    Bump.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    only thing to do is goto the doctors and get your BP checked
    and monitor it , next headache you get goto the supermarket or some place they have one of those frre BP checker thinges (eletronic ones) chances are your pressure will be up.

i never use to get headaches until i started messing with PH/superdrol etc... and now i do have high blood pressure.

xxSmartyPantsxx is offline Junior Member
    i had a problem similar to this, where i was getting serious headaches during my workouts, especially when doing military press.

i finally went to the emergency room one day after an episode at the gym where it got really bad. i thought i had an aneurism or something...i had no clue.

they did a lot of tests, put me in the tube thing. the doctor told me that i had an inflamation of the fluid membrane that the brain rests on. he told me to avoid physical exertion and prescribed me an anti-inflamitory. after a couple of weeks, i was fine.

he didn't seem to have a medical name for the condition, or at least didn't share it with me. he referred to it as the "young man's" disease. this freaked me out, but he assured me it wasn't actually a disease, more of a condition.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Go to your physician...

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by xxSmartyPantsxx
    i had a problem similar to this, where i was getting serious headaches during my workouts, especially when doing military press.

i finally went to the emergency room one day after an episode at the gym where it got really bad. i thought i had an aneurism or something...i had no clue.

they did a lot of tests, put me in the tube thing. the doctor told me that i had an inflamation of the fluid membrane that the brain rests on. he told me to avoid physical exertion and prescribed me an anti-inflamitory. after a couple of weeks, i was fine.

he didn't seem to have a medical name for the condition, or at least didn't share it with me. he referred to it as the "young man's" disease. this freaked me out, but he assured me it wasn't actually a disease, more of a condition.
    I take it the tube thing was either a CT scan or an MRI. Your problem was just high ICP from an increase in CSF in your cranium. BTW, that could kill you if it gets high enough, but that would take alot more than lifting...

xxSmartyPantsxx is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    I take it the tube thing was either a CT scan or an MRI. Your problem was just high ICP from an increase in CSF in your cranium. BTW, that could kill you if it gets high enough, but that would take alot more than lifting...
    too many accronyms flying around here. yes, it was a CT scan or MRI (not sure which). what is ICP and CSF? sorry if this is a thread hijack.

Thing is, I got the first headache one the first day of my superdrol cycle - after 10mg! surely thats not enough to give me high blood pressure. And I've since been fine. I had about a month where I was lifting well and had no problems, then it started again about 2 weeks ago.

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    SD gives me crazy headaches too

I kinda figured it was the andro receptors

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by xxSmartyPantsxx
    too many accronyms flying around here. yes, it was a CT scan or MRI (not sure which). what is ICP and CSF? sorry if this is a thread hijack.
    Sorry, forgot not everyone knows the terminology. ICP = Intracranial pressure CSF = Cerebro-spinal fluid. Your brain and spinal cord are surrounded by CSF, to protect from any jarring trauma to them. So that if you get whiplash or anythign that will jar them they will move slightly in the CSF, but not bounce off the bone encasings that surround them. When they actually do bounce off the bone encasings, i.e. vertebral column and cranium, there is typically serious injury. But on the flip side, when you have an over-abundance of CSF it can also cause serious injury or even lead to death. Sort of a double-edge sword, but really one side is alot sharper than the other side...

Thread Information