westcoastbadboy is offline Associate Member

Vanadyl, ALA, Chromium Stack...>>>>>?

hey bro's, one of my gym buddies has been taking a ALA, Vanadyl, and Chromium stack ( he bought each of those 3 items seperately) and looks way more vascular and muscular than b4..........what do you guys know about those 3 compounds and their effectiveness?? any of u guys try it? any opinions would be great! thanks again guys

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    all 3 of them increase insulin sensitivity and is awsome in that regard.

However I will never again touch vanadyl after it put me into the hospital thinking I was gonna die. to bad since nothing ever gave me a pump that good as vanadyl first time I tried it. Feelt like the skin on my biceps was gonna burst.

also vanadyl and chrome are antagonists so they shouldnt be taken at the same time I recon

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    For some reason, I have yet to figure it out, vanadyl made my forearms break out. Watch for sides when taking vanadyl.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    yea...vanadyl is sketchy... i'd stick to some chromium... great stuff...

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    i have been taking chromium and R-ALA to increase insulin sensitivity whilst bulking and eating a lot of pro/ carb meals

but does anyone know if it worth takin either/or both of these with pro/fat meals

ie - while cutting?

bump

I dont know how long the insulin sensitivity sticks around from those supplements but insulin sensitivity takes some time to increase or decrease so it wont hurt to take them.

r-ala and chromiume is important for other reasons then insulins sensitivity aswell so go ahead and use them

whens is the best time to take them?

i have always taken chromium and R-ALA with my PWO shake,

but i have just read an article stating that chromium should be taken 20 mins before a carb meal to REDUCE carb sensitivity

reduce carb sensitivity what does that mean

Im not sure about timing, I dont think it realy matters that much. Havent realy gotten into antioxidants like r-ala yet.

Chromium works because it is a part of a hormon that works togheter with insulin . So chromium timing isnt a issue. Just make sure to take it every day and that should be cool.

i think they were trying to say that taking chromium before a carb meal reduces the impact of those carbs - ie keeping the rise in blood sugar to a minimum

i was taking it PWO and thought if the above statement was true i would be unnescessarily decreasing my PWO insulin spike

thats why i was concerned about the timing

anything that increases insulin sensitivity will decrease your insulin peak. But that isnt a bad thing since the lowered insulin peak is producing the same effect as a higher insulin peak since the sensitivity to insulin has increased.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    whats so unsafe about vanadyl?

I dont know if its risky or not. But I am carefull about touching it again after what it did to my stomach. I probably was unlucky with a bad batch since I had used the same brand name and all before without a problem.

vanadyl is a derivate of vanadium and vanadium is a antagonist to chromuim so using only vanadyl can screw with the blood sugar in a negative manner. I have also read that vanadium might be toxic in synthetic form and I assume vanadyl is such a form. It also lovers CoA levels and CoA is needed in the citric acid cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    anything that increases insulin sensitivity will decrease your insulin peak. But that isnt a bad thing since the lowered insulin peak is producing the same effect as a higher insulin peak since the sensitivity to insulin has increased.

i'm confused

should i continue taking r-ala and chromium with my PWO shake (pro/dex)?

one other thing - is it a good idea to take R-ala with a pro fat meal
    i have only been using it with pro/carbs

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Use your R-ALA with carb meals, and taking Chromium and R-ALA should be just fine. As far as I know Chromium will do little for your actual insulin spike but will help with your overall insulin sensitivity, as it is nessisary for insulin production. R-ALA works by increasing the amount of glycogen through GLUT4 elevation.

since the chromium works by beeing a part of a insulin regulating hormone the timing of chromium isnt that important. It doesnt have a imidiet effect in other words.

But take the r-ala along with the pwo shake.

if you take r-ala with pro/fat meal it will mostly be for its health benifits. It is after all the only antioxidant(except alcar)that can enter the cell mitochondria(sp?)

Thread Information