SensP is offline Associate Member

Best supplement to keep cholesterol in check?

What supps work for achieving a good cholesterol count? My HDL is low, LDL is high--just finished a cycle of test.

KingJames23 is offline Associate Member
    Ive heard red yeast rice, i Just ordered some, but im sure someone else will know something better.

gio86 is offline Member
    garlic is suppose to be good...you might want to get some garlic tabs, just go to a nutrition store and ask for a product im sure they have plenty of them that have a good effect on your choresterol

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    flush free niacin is the most effective at 500mg 3 times daily plus garlic red yeast rice policosinol and plenty of fish/flax oils

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Exactly what Brian2 said is what I've been taking, with the only exception being I don't have the flush free version. I actually have read on this board that the flush free is less effective at improving your lipid profile.
    The blood tests I have taken following a cycle of Prohormones prove that these supplements work, that and I increased my cardio.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Bryan nailed it, only thing I'd add is some CoQ10 with that RYR

Taurus is offline Member
    i'm taking red yeast rice, niacin and fish oil...

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    niacin the otc vitamin or prescription niacin?

what you buy in the vitamin bottle is different from what a doc prescribes. the rx stuff is niacin while the otc stuff is niacinamide. niacinamide has not been shown to have an impact except for one studies in the 70s which showed some cholesterol lowering effect after long-term supplementation... but at what dose and for how long i don't remember. i would chalk niacin up as an L and use other things such as red rice yeast, garlic, fish oils, exercise, cutting trans-fatty acids, and increasing monounsaturated fat intake. this is stuff that has better science behind it.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    there's a supplement compund called... Cholesta-Lo... awesome

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sinista63
    niacin the otc vitamin or prescription niacin?

what you buy in the vitamin bottle is different from what a doc prescribes. the rx stuff is niacin while the otc stuff is niacinamide. niacinamide has not been shown to have an impact except for one studies in the 70s which showed some cholesterol lowering effect after long-term supplementation... but at what dose and for how long i don't remember. i would chalk niacin up as an L and use other things such as red rice yeast, garlic, fish oils, exercise, cutting trans-fatty acids, and increasing monounsaturated fat intake. this is stuff that has better science behind it.
    I'm fairly certain that my store carries niacin, niacinamide, and inositol nicotinate. The last two both being no-flush versions. Good point though...I would like to see some studies on niacin's effect on cholesterol.

fL

gobig99 is offline Associate Member
    policosanol i was recommened
    i used it i have got blood work done yet to see results though

Thread Information