KingJames23 is offline Associate Member

wow HDL was 13!! help

I just got my blood levels tested. Everything was fine except my potassium was high, and my HDL was 13 and its suppose to be over 40. I have bought red yeast rice, niacin, and garlic, will this bring back my HDL levels or how can I bring it back to normal? I was taking superdrol by the way.

What does a low HDL mean by the way?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Depending on how old you are, shouldn't be a big issue...You'll rebound just fine esp. with the sups you;ve just listed. HDL is High Density Lipoprotein, good form of cholesterol. No worries man SD crushes the lipids. You'll be fine!

Make sure you are throwing some CoQ10 in there are well, as Red Rice Yeast depletes it.

ight sweet, ya im 18

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    eat alot of Salmon

Yeah def make sure you have healthy oils in there, Omega'3....Alot of Oatmeal would help too!

mitch911 is offline Member
    your 18 and ku took superdrol?

MysticGohan is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJames23
    I just got my blood levels tested. Everything was fine except my potassium was high, and my HDL was 13 and its suppose to be over 40. I have bought red yeast rice, niacin, and garlic, will this bring back my HDL levels or how can I bring it back to normal? I was taking superdrol by the way.

What does a low HDL mean by the way?
    Why don't you just ask the doc about the results of the tests and go over what you can do to get thing running normal again?

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticGohan
    Why don't you just ask the doc about the results of the tests and go over what you can do to get thing running normal again?
    Most family practioners have a very limited amount of knowledge when it comes to the world of bodybuilding, supplementation, and the effects of pro-hormones or AAS. When my lipid profile was off, my doc did suggest more cardio, which is sound advice, but more could be done to improve the situation.

This forum really has some of the best information you can get for specific questions such as this. There is a thread below this one that lists all the supplements that can bring a poor looking lipid profile back up to speed.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Low HDLs are a huge issue you will rebound back but this isnt something you want to continue doing to your body.

When you look at the pro bbers that have been dieing lately what do you notice there cause of death is???

Heart attacks!!!

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    temporary hdl decreases shouldn't be a major concern. but hdl repeatedly going low or remaining low may be problematic.

red rice yeast and fish oils improve lipid profiles but they do not significantly impact high-density lipoproteins.

things that improve hdl:
    exercise
    quitting smoking
    watching out for trans-fatty acids
    increasing soluble fiber intake
    increasing monounsaturated fat intake
    moderate alcohol intake (1-2 drinks/day)

your panel might fix itself a bit just as time elapses post cycle.

just curious... how high was your potassium?

Low HDLs are a huge issue you will rebound back but this isnt something you want to continue doing to your body.

When you look at the pro bbers that have been dieing lately what do you notice there cause of death is???

Heart attacks!!!
    I agree but to compare a cycle of SD to a Pro BB is also an unfair comaprison. People have been taking methylated compounds that destroy ones lipid profiles and have rebounded in 3-4 weeks. So we're talking about 3-4 weeks of abnormal lipid profiles. Is it good?? No way, do I think that it will end your life prematurely no way....BB's are usually on gear year round so one can assume that their lipids never have the chance to fully recover not to mention the various other compounds that they are taking....Take everything in moderation, if you do a SD cycle take the next 8-12 weeks off, giving your homones, lipids and everything else time to recover....

By the way you should have never done SD at 18, thats your bad....You obviously did not do your proper research. At 18 you are running a full cycle of test naturally, why the juice??? My personal opinoin, Diet....Kids have no idea how to eat and wonder why they don't grow.....You could have really ****ed yourself, stay away from the juice for a while man

I did a lot of research on it and stuff and figured it would help me reach my goals that i have with my body which it did.I just get caught up in the vision of some of these dudes who are huge and ripped which is what i want to be so i do whatever it takes i guess.

I hear that and felt the same way at your age...But this compound is condsidered by many a legit steroid ...We're talking abour permenant damage, growth plates, hormones etc....Steroids should only be used to help one overcome their genetic limits....I highly doubt you have been training hard enough and eating well enough at your ag to have reached your genetic limit. Your first cycle is also your best which is why you want to save that for down the road where you can reap the benfits....Anyways, whats done is done. I wouldn't advise cycling anything for a few years bro, at your age you can do so much damage in the gym with nothing but Diet and Sweat....You have no idea.

Taurus is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJames23
    I did a lot of research on it and stuff and figured it would help me reach my goals that i have with my body which it did.I just get caught up in the vision of some of these dudes who are huge and ripped which is what i want to be so i do whatever it takes i guess.
    i agree with giantz...when i was 18, i started workin out and in one yr i put on 40-50 pounds with just creatine and tons of food.

Thread Information