HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member

CLA.... what is it good for now...

NSA, this question is mainly for you, but obviously i would like everyones opinions. I see that you mentioned that new studies have shown CLA not to help fat loss. I am only taking b/c i was told it attacks/breaks up fat deposits/stored fat in body...

Can you just give me the run down on what it will help me with as I am cycling it with the below... (and maybe another supple to take that will help with fat loss)

Var 75mg ED
    Trib 3g ED
    Avina Sativa 2g ED
    milk thristle 1g EOD
    CLA 3g ED

thanks alot

HH

not one fckin reponse huh??? LOL

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    NSA told me the same thing. I've tried and I dont think it works, but then again if your alreayd fairly lean I'm not sure how effective it could be.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Effects of conjugated linoleic acid supplementation during resistance training on body composition, bone density, strength, and selected hematological markers.

Kreider RB, Ferreira MP, Greenwood M, Wilson M, Almada AL.

Exercise and Sport Nutrition Laboratory, Department of Human Movement Sciences and Education, University of Memphis, Tennessee 38152, USA. [email protected]

Conjugated linoleic acids (CLA) are essential fatty acids that have been reported in animal studies to decrease catabolism, promote fat loss, increase bone density, enhance immunity, and serve as an antiatherogenic and anticarcinogenic agent. For this reason, CLA has been marketed as a supplement to promote weight loss and general health. CLA has also been heavily marketed to resistance-trained athletes as a supplement that may help lessen catabolism, decrease body fat, and promote greater gains in strength and muscle mass during training. Although basic research is promising, few studies have examined whether CLA supplementation during training enhances training adaptations and/or affects markers of health. This study evaluated whether CLA supplementation during resistance training affects body composition, strength, and/or general markers of catabolism and immunity. In a double-blind and randomized manner, 23 experienced, resistance-trained subjects were matched according to body mass and training volume and randomly assigned to supplement their diet with 9 g;pdd(-1) of an olive oil placebo or 6 g;pdd(-1) of CLA with 3 g;pdd(-1) of fatty acids for 28 days. Prior to and following supplementation, fasting blood samples, total body mass, and dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) determined body composition, and isotonic bench press and leg press 1 repetition maximums (1RMs) were determined. Results revealed that although some statistical trends were observed with moderate to large effect sizes, CLA supplementation did not significantly affect (p > 0.05) changes in total body mass, fat-free mass, fat mass, percent body fat, bone mass, strength, serum substrates, or general markers of catabolism and immunity during training. These findings indicate that CLA does not appear to possess significant ergogenic value for experienced resistance-trained athletes.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Hope that helps

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    its helped me not want to buy it again

im with ya G... CLA is pointless for us. Im still gonna let my moms try it tho! Thanks Giantz!!

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I've used CLA, in the past, and I would use it again. It is not a cheap supplement, either. Save your money.

Thread Information