Thread: Protein-flu???

jerryboy is offline Junior Member

Protein-flu???

every time i drink protein shakes for about a week i start to feel like i am coming down with the flu. my kidneys start to get really sore and i feel like CRAP!!!! does anyone know what the freek causes this? has anyone ever experinced this besides me?

Lil D is offline Junior Member
    How much water are you drink in a day? Water will help your kidney as long as there is nothing really wrong with them. Drink your water, around a gallon a day.

jbrand is offline Member

Re: Protein-flu???

Originally posted by jerryboy
    every time i drink protein shakes for about a week i start to feel like i am coming down with the flu. my kidneys start to get really sore and i feel like CRAP!!!! does anyone know what the freek causes this? has anyone ever experinced this besides me?
    Sounds like a bacterial infection or even salmonella. What is in this protein shake exactly?

protein

it's that way with any shake. no matter what brand.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    i have heard of people feeling naucious or bloated after drinking shakes but thats about it

i was thinking that my body produces a high amount of protein and any excess is toxic and makes me feel like i have the flu.

xenithon is offline Member
    first things first: look for a common denominator, ie. something thats in all of them. I know people who only discovered they were lactose intolerant after starting protein shakes with milk proteins in them. Look for stuff that is in the shakes you tried - anything from the main protein sources to the sweeteners, colorants, preservatives, flavorants etc. remember shakes arent as 'innocent' as they seem - lotsa shit in them

you know i never thought about it that way. i just thought that my body type would not allow me to take protein in excessive amounts. never thought about the other stuff they put in it. maybe thats why i feel like crap when i drink protein shakes. it really makes me mad.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Also most folks, think that they can down a 1600 calorie shake in one serving and get the benefits of it. NO way.. If I did that I would be nausiated and goin to the toilet every 5 mintues. Why dont' you try breaking your shakes up during the day, drink half a glass of protein shake in the morning, maybe another half during lunch and so forth. You could have a lactose intolerance as Xend mentioned... Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water.

that is some great advice.thanks bro.a guy can sure learn alot on this website. once again guys thanks.i will try what you said maybe it's what i need to do.

Thread Information