forsz is offline Associate Member

Hydroxycut for real?

Does it REALLY burn off the fat. DOes anyone have experience that it is not just another ripoff supplement?? Like did it work when u started taking it while NOT changing anything else u were doing ( so u can really credit the fat loss to the Hydroxycut and not to extra hard/frequent/long workouts or stricter diet) ?

bigJJ is offline Member
    Never tried Hydroxycut. If you haven't already, look into clen (clenbuterol ).

At first glance Hydroxycut would seem to be all "supplement hype", though that is just a guess.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    there a wast of money. you can get a thing of clen for the same price.

Unoid is offline Member
    the old hydroxycut with ephedra was alright (3 years ago)

Now Everyone would suggest a cycle of clen , or ECA/ECY stack for fat loss.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    the first thing thst should be suggest is a good diet and cardio

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    hydroxycitric acid has shown no benefits in weight loss. And without Ephedra its basically worthless

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoid
    the old hydroxycut with ephedra was alright (3 years ago)

Now Everyone would suggest a cycle of clen, or ECA/ECY stack for fat loss.
    Ditto

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I prefer clen as well. The biggest advantage that Hydroxycut had was appetite suppression. When I used it, my appetite went down. My appetite actually increased while I was using clen. I tend to shy away from the ECA stack because I read somewhere aspirin decreases test levels. I use ephedrine alone but the effects are not as strong as the stack (synergy).
    Last edited by striker93; 08-10-2005 at 03:28 PM.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    there a wast of money. you can get a thing of clen for the same price.
    even cheaper in Mexico

Striker,

You should def just try EC then. The synergy with asprin is more for the obsese. Also I'm starting to think that Albuterol is a better choice than clen , as the studies shown are done on humans.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Striker,

You should def just try EC then. The synergy with asprin is more for the obsese. Also I'm starting to think that Albuterol is a better choice than clen, as the studies shown are done on humans.
    I have tried using EC but I find that I am prone to caffeine headaches. Tapering is suggested but then my energy levels are way down. Now I just chose to avoid it. The Hydroxycut that I used was caffeine (stimulant) free. Personally, I think caffeine is stronger pre-workout stimulant than ephedrine or clen . I've never had problems with ephedrine withdrawl or messing with my energy levels. That's why I still use it. I'll have to do more research on albuterol. Thanks for the advice!

I'll post a few good reads

Effects of oral albuterol on serum lipids and carbohydrate metabolism in healthy men.

Maki KC, Skorodin MS, Jessen JH, Laghi F.

Edward Hines, Jr, Veterans Affairs Hospital, Hines, IL, USA.

beta(2)-Selective adrenergic agonists are used in the management of bronchial asthma and preterm labor. Due to their ability to increase muscle strength and size in animal models, new applications for these agents are also being explored for neuromuscular disorders and in rehabilitation. However, the effects of long-term beta(2)-agonist administration on lipoprotein and carbohydrate metabolism are incompletely understood. This investigation evaluated the effects of a beta(2)-agonist, albuterol, on serum lipids and carbohydrate homeostasis in eight healthy nonsmoking men aged 24 to 61 years. Collection of fasting blood samples was completed in duplicate on separate days at baseline, during 14 days of oral albuterol administration (Proventil Repetabs, 8 mg twice daily; Schering Pharmaceuticals, Kenilworth, NJ) and during a 7-day washout period. Carbohydrate homeostasis was evaluated using the minimal model technique at the end of the baseline and albuterol periods. Fasting glucose and insulin , intravenous glucose tolerance, acute insulin response to intravenous glucose (AIRg), insulin sensitivity (Si), and glucose effectiveness (Sg) were not significantly changed during albuterol administration. Significant alterations (P < or = .02) were observed in total cholesterol ([TC] -9.1% +/- 2.5%), low-density lipoprotein cholesterol ([LDL-C] -15.0% +/- 2.9%), and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol ([HDL-C] +10.4% +/- 3.2%) concentrations, as well as the TC/HDL-C (-17.4% +/- 2.6%) and LDL-C/HDL-C (-22.9% +/- 2.4%) ratios. During washout, TC and LDL-C returned to baseline levels, whereas HDL-C remained elevated by 5.8% +/- 2.4% (P < .05). Thus, albuterol administration was associated with favorable changes in the serum lipid profile without marked impairment of glucose tolerance or its physiologic determinants.

Effect of salbutamol on muscle strength and endurance performance in nonasthmatic men.

van Baak MA, Mayer LH, Kempinski RE, Hartgens F.

Department of Human Biology, Maastricht University, The Netherlands. [email protected]

PURPOSE: The ergogenic effect of acute beta2-adrenergic agonist administration in nonasthmatic individuals has not been clearly demonstrated. Therefore, the acute effects of oral administration of the beta2-adrenergic agonist salbutamol (4 mg) on muscle strength and endurance performance were studied in 16 nonasthmatic men in a double-blind randomized cross-over study. METHODS: Peak expiratory flow (Mini Wright Peakflowmeter), isokinetic strength of the knee extensors and knee flexors at four angular velocities (Cybex II dynamometer), and endurance performance in a cycle ergometer test until exhaustion at 70% of maximal workload were measured. RESULTs: Peak expiratory flow increased from 601 +/- 67 L x min(-1) to 629 +/- 64 L x min(-1) after salbutamol (P < 0.05). Peak torque was higher after salbutamol than after placebo (4.4% for the knee extensors, 4.9% for the knee flexors) (P < 0.05). Mean endurance time increased from 3,039 +/- 1,031 s after placebo to 3,439 +/- 1,287 s after salbutamol (P = 0.19). When four subjects complaining about adverse side effects were excluded from the analysis, the increase in endurance time (729 +/- 1,007 s or 29%) was statistically significant (P <-0.05). Salbutamol did not affect VO2, respiratory exchange ratio, heart rate, and plasma free fatty acid and glycerol concentration during exercise; plasma lactate and potassium concentrations were increased (P < 0.05). CONCLUSIONS: Under the conditions of this study, oral salbutamol appears to be an effective ergogenic aid in nonasthmatic individuals not experiencing adverse side effects.

Albuterol helps resistance exercise attenuate unloading-induced knee extensor losses.

Caruso JF, Hamill JL, Yamauchi M, Mercado DR, Cook TD, Keller CP, Montgomery AG, Elias J.

Exercise Physiology Laboratory, University of Nevada, Reno, NV, USA. [email protected]

INTRODUCTION: While resistance exercise (REX) attenuates knee extensor (KE) mass and strength deficits during short-term unloading, additional treatments concurrently administered with REX are required to reduce the greater losses seen with longer periods of unloading. METHODS: To determine whether albuterol helps REX attenuate unloading-induced KE losses, two groups of subjects strength trained their left thigh three times per week, and otherwise refrained from ambulatory and weight-bearing activity for 40 d while receiving a capsule dosing treatment (albuterol, placebo) with no crossover. A third group served as unloaded controls (CTRL). On days 0, 20, and 40, the following data were collected from the nonweight-bearing (left) thigh: cross-sectional area (CSA); integrated electromyography (IEMG); and concentric and eccentric KE strength measures. Thigh CSA was estimated using anthropometric methodology. IEMG was used to provide root mean square (RMS) values from submaximal (100 nm) and maximal isometric contractions. Concentric and eccentric strength were measured from eight-repetition unilateral leg press sets. RESULTS: Repeated-measures mixed-factorial 3 x 3 ANCOVAs with day 0 values as a covariate showed group by time interactions for concentric and eccentric total work (CTW, ETW). Tukey's post hoc test showed REX-albuterol evoked significant (p < 0.05) day 40 CTW and ETW gains vs. within-group day 0 and within-time REX-placebo and CTRL values. By days 20 and 40, CTRL subjects incurred significant decrements. CONCLUSIONS: Albuterol augmented the effects of REX to increase CTW and ETW. Research identifying possible mechanisms responsible for such changes, as well as the safety of REX-albuterol administration in other models, is warranted.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Thanks for the scientific information. I really appreciate it! I've had a member recommend another beta agonist called cimaterol but without the studies to back it up. Thanks again for your time!

I've actually heard of Cimaterol as well. I think I've seen a few studies on that as well, I'll def look it up myself. I'll be giving Albuterol a run for the first time in a week. The thing that impressive is it has human studies to back its claims, basically the same thing as clen but with human rather than animal studies.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    if you arent going to do clen , look into thermorexin. better than hydroxycut imo.

Thread Information