guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test

anyone have proof of glutamines effectiveness?

research to back it up, anyone?

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    i've seen a couple of studies with positive results but both of these utilized combinations of creatine + glutamine. i remember only seeing one study looking at glutamine alone and the results were not good. these are just off the top of my head, but i'll do some digging and see what i can find.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    I have alot of proof that its a worhtless supplement and waste of money. I'll post some up here soon!

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    No evidence that I have. However, I find that studies dont have as much relevance as some people think. You really have to try a product for yourself first and see how it reacts with your body, how you respond to it and whether or not it is beneficial for you to take. I never found glutamine to do much for me, some people say its crap, Jay Cutler says he loves to take it everyday and look at him. It is for muscle recovery. But I only work each muscle once per week anyways so they are recovered by the next wkrout anyways...

But its pretty cheap, give it a shot.

-Bino

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    I have alot of proof that its a worhtless supplement and waste of money. I'll post some up here soon!
    cool, I really wanna see it, i have heard the same, thats why I asked.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    I never use it anymore and when I did use it I thought it did absolutely nothing.

Powerathlete is offline New Member
    There are a lot of research studies suggesting its effectiveness in burn patients but I have seen little with bodybuilders.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    I am taking it along w/slin so I will keep you guys posted. Form what I have heard it is great to take along w/slin and creatine.

bluelightning3 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs down Glutamine

well from what i read in the july issue of muscular development glutamine is a waste of money. this is the last paragraph summing up the article on page 182 by Anssi Manninen, MHS.

A recent study reported that glutamine supplementation during resistance training has no significant effect on muscle performance or body composition degredation in young healthy adults. However there appeared to be a trend toward greater muscle protien breakdown in the placebo group. Glutamine may have some health benefits (e.g., enhanced immune cell function) but it does not have a direct effect on bodybuilding in terms of muscle mass increase.

i wonder if i should buy this stuff?

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    I've read that glutamine bicarbonate (effervesent) was the kind used to elevate GH levels. Other then that, I don't think I'm going to use L-glutamine anymore.

chest6 is offline Banned
    glutamine doesnt seem to do shit

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    its not meant for building muscle its meant to prevent catabolism when dieting and performing lots of cardio - this is the reason i take it

as far as its effectiveness goes it varies from person to person

Thread Information