bell boy is offline Junior Member

Which supplements are concrete

I have a question about basic supplement use, my brother wants to start bodybuilding, he is 16 and to be honest has no lifting experience. I myself have been lifting for several years as a powerlifter but have no experience whatsoever with bodybuilding. Anyway as a lot of idiots do i never really did a lot of natural training cause everyone else was using gear so i threw myself into that mess of a hat at an early age (17) by doing my first test cycle.

What i need to know is what supplements are considered staples for a beginner and also i would like to know where to find a protein shake that is of good quality protein because i previously read a thread that told of how shitty most of the protein that is used to make shakes really is.

Thanks

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Optimum nutrition makes some good protein powder. A good multi-vitamin is vital. Dextrose for use in PWO shake is good to have. Enough EFA's (flax oil, fish oil, etc.) are important as well. Perhaps some creatine would be a good choice, I've heard that CEE is far better than the old monohydrate.

At your bro's age, supplements shouldn't be a big deal, but the one's above should help out considerably.

Rock88 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ginkobulloba
    Optimum nutrition makes some good protein powder. A good multi-vitamin is vital. Dextrose for use in PWO shake is good to have. Enough EFA's (flax oil, fish oil, etc.) are important as well. Perhaps some creatine would be a good choice, I've heard that CEE is far better than the old monohydrate.

At your bro's age, supplements shouldn't be a big deal, but the one's above should help out considerably.
    Damn, thats just too good. Couldn't put it better myself Ginko.

Cyto78 is offline Junior Member
    HMB,Creatine and food!!Maybe throw in some Optimum nutrition shakes as ginkobulloba
    states.

Thread Information