jimihendryx is offline Associate Member

Injection b12 basics

I've never shot anything, but I'm gonna try the b12 injections. Lozenges aren't doing anything.

I've searched up, down and sideways, but I cannot for the life of me find methylcobalamin, or methyl b12 in an injectable. A couple of compounding pharmacies, but you need to register as a doctor or whatever.

If I'm missing something, and someone can give me a nudge in a certain direction, great. Everything I've read says it's much better, but all of the injectables I've found from canadian pharm, vet supply, overseas pharm, etc. is ALL cyano type b12.

Anyway, I'm new to this whole idea, so sorry if it's a dumb question, but what all is involved with injections? If I can go down to a wal-mart and get needles (and syringes?) and I get a bottle of the injectable, am I good to go except for maybe alcohol swab?

Or is it more involved even for just b12 injection?

ok, I know... it's a stupid question... but I've never shot anything before, so just making sure.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Yeah man, there's not a whole lot to it. Just turn the bottle upside down, insert the needle, pull back, push the liquid back into the bottle to get rid of the air bubbles, pull it back to the desired dosage and you're good to go.

I don't know about all the different kinds of injectable b-12. I've got vet grade and I like it.

I've heard it said that you should shoot IM instead of subQ, but I can't think of any real reason why it would make any difference. Just shoot in your ass cheeks and you should be fine.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    the mrthyl b12 is used to improve oral absorbtion only you dont need that form for injectable go to spotinjections.com and research proper techniques on injection first

swoll4589 is offline Member
    check your PM's

thx, guys.

ok... im or subq? I've got slin needles, so I guess that's for subq, right?

What are the subq basics?

I keep trying to find exact procedures in a search, but a million posts come up and after reading through a hundred or so, none give exact procedures on how to do subq... I kno it's on here and I've seen it before... but I'm having trouble finding it.

Something about pinching bellyfat, right?

Thread Information