likewize is offline Junior Member

I had an interesting theory...

PLEASE READ AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

I was wondering if smoking weed could actually be helpful in training. It seems that most fat burners aim to raise the heart rate and body temp. in order to produce more sweat. However weed can do almost the same thing minus the "shakes." With that in mind, I began to compare the two (fat burners and weed). Now, logically it makes sense, however there may be more details which I don't completely understand. I used myself as the lab rat on this...
    Now, from the January 1st, up until this point in the year, I have been very serious with my training. But, one thing I began to notice is that my body, even during hard training, does not produce massive amounts of sweat. Also, up until about one month ago, I had completely stopped smoking weed. I recently started again, and the result is, to some extent, concurrent with my theory.
    Because smoking marijuana recreationally does affect the lungs, it causes me to lose my breath faster than if I was not. Therefore, while training, I get winded early, which may sound like a bad thing, but when you look at the facts...You will notice that the additional breathing is raising the heart rate along with the body temp. Since I started again, I have began to sweat so much more than when I didn't smoke.
    Now I do understand that some people have "munchies" from weed, however I don't let the "munchies" take over. If you can eat sensibly while you are lifted, than you may notice that this theory actually seems to work to some extent. But, one thing I must emphasize on is THE IMPORTANCE OF ONLY SMOKING AFTER YOUR WORKOUT!!!!! I become very lethargic when I try to train lifted...
    Please let me know what you guys think of this little experiment. It is mostly theory and it has only been tested on me as far as I know. So it is probably a little faulty, but please let me hear some input on my observations....Thanks alot ppls...PEACE...

Captain_test is offline Associate Member
    This topic has been discussed. Weed raises estrogen levels. Also, as a whole, this site really doesnt condone the use of rec drugs, and definitely not in aiding workouts.

I'm not telling people to use it, it was an experiment for my own clarification on marijuana as a supplement. I'm not saying to go smoke and have fun...I'm trying to test a thought that I had, that's all. I think it's funny how you shun my post because it deals with a rec drug that is illegal, yet your name is Captain Test, and I doubt you have a prescription for the TEST....making it illegal as well...funny...

Rec Drugs/AAS= difference. I wasnt "Shunning" this post because it dealt with weed. I was disagreeing respectfully, and giving you an opinion that you ASKED for.

This was simply a post to get input on my theory. I also searched marijuana and did not find one person who mentioned the info contaned in the post. If a person has an idea that they would like to put into real-life, and then hear other people's opinions about it...it shouldn't be a prob...

...so when I tell you "marijuana increases levels of estrogen" you simply dismiss this as being false? Bud, I've smoked my share of grass ok? I've even smoked it after workouts. It makes you hungry and it makes you laugh. I'm telling you (as previously stated) that this topic has been discussed (Working out and Weed) and the overwhelming opinion, is that it isnt worth it, due to high estrogen levels. Is that so wrong of me to tell you that it has already previously been discussed? Why are you so defensive, good lord!

Chill bro! smoke some WEEEEEEED

chest6 is offline Banned
    I see what your saying about how you are talking about it..but this site still frowns upon even discussion of rec drugs

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    It does NOT raise hrt rate and in the rare cases that some notice slight elevation in hrt rate it is not enough to burn more calories or turn your anarobic work out into an aerobic one to burn fat.

it does raise estrogen levels.

and it also diverts blood(oxygen) away from muscles which is needed directly after working out.

So its not really going to benefit your goals in a posative way.

It isnt the worst thing for you either and most wont even notice a dofference if they got high after lifting all of time but all of the little things eventually add up in the end to make your goals harder to come by.

I would disagree...

In regards to heart rate, if you get out of breath faster, your heart is going to beat faster...therefore you have raised your heartrate...I'm not saying it will raise your hr by smoking it and sitting still...

I did definitely notice alot more sweat though...Now, that may not matter to some of you, but I don't sweat easy...so this was very beneficial to me...

Quote Originally Posted by likewize
    In regards to heart rate, if you get out of breath faster, your heart is going to beat faster...therefore you have raised your heartrate...I'm not saying it will raise your hr by smoking it and sitting still...

yes but it wont raise hrt rate enough to be beneficial in regards to more fat burned

Alright, one other question...? If it increases estrogen, would it be safe to assume it increases the risk of gyno if you ran a cycle?

Why is everybody so nervy on this subject?

Look guys, I'm not assuming i'm completely correct with these questions. It's just that I searched the forums, didn't find any info on it...Just some curiousity and some trial and error in an attempt learn something new. I really haven't been in the game for too long now...I am only 19...But, I figure if there was not enough coverage on the question in my search, then why not ask it? That way, if someone else happens to question the same thing, they will now find it in the search...

Quote Originally Posted by likewize
    Alright, one other question...? If it increases estrogen, would it be safe to assume it increases the risk of gyno if you ran a cycle?

not a big chance but more so with it then without

True, well thats it for me then...Good looking, thatnks for the info...

Thread Information