shorinryu69 is offline New Member

Tribulus and antiestrogens

Hi,

I have just bought a bottle of tribulus of the ON; I read that tribulus can raise estradiol; shall i take anti estrogens with it?

Have been cases of Gyno using tribulus?

thanks

xxSmartyPantsxx is offline Junior Member
    i personally won't use tribulus again without taking some anti-e along with it. i used it alone the first time i ever tried it (not during a cycle or pct, just a standalone trial), and it sure gave me early gyno symptoms. itchy puffy nips.

i posted on here that i thought i was getting gyno from trib and people discounted my story. a few months latter, members were posting information about it raising estro levels sky high.

i think the stuff is gyno in a bottle if not used with some sort of anti-e or AI.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xxSmartyPantsxx
    i personally won't use tribulus again without taking some anti-e along with it. i used it alone the first time i ever tried it (not during a cycle or pct, just a standalone trial), and it sure gave me early gyno symptoms. itchy puffy nips.

i posted on here that i thought i was getting gyno from trib and people discounted my story. a few months latter, members were posting information about it raising estro levels sky high.

i think the stuff is gyno in a bottle if not used with some sort of anti-e or AI.
    Im about to use this Ultra HotTER and buy some tongkat..would u suggest an anti-e for that. Im not sure if there is trib in there but I know it does the same type stuff.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    oh shit! is this for real? I just started taking tribulous fuel extreme by twinlab. I thought its supposed to raise test levels goshdarnet. How long did it take for tits to develope? its only my 5th day today.

solid-d is offline Member
    no thats BS...Trib is a good supp... trust me, i been taking it for years..

regressed is offline New Member
    it only worked for me the first time, since then nothing

Quote Originally Posted by solid-d
    no thats BS...Trib is a good supp... trust me, i been taking it for years..
    my personal experience is not BS. i have nothing to gain from making false claims. i can't speak for everyone, but if you are gyno sensitive, you might want to avoid tribulus.

here's some info from other posts related to this topic:

Found this article...thought it was kinda interesting… http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/suppanalysis.php

here's a quote in the article...
    Tribulus Terrestris
    "Tribulus terrestris is a prostrate, matforming plant. Although it has been used by the Chinese for thousands of years, little was scientifically known about it until recently. Tribulus is said to increase testosterone levels by as much as 30%, especially when taken in conjunction with sopharma. The primary mechanism of action to explain this phenomenon is that tribulus stimulates the secretion of lutenizing hormone (LH) from the anterior pituitary gland. This in turn stimulates testosterone production, as well as growth hormone and estradiol. Therefore, tribulus can easily stimulate gynecomastia (gyno) and insulin resistance. This is very negative for bodybuilders. In women, tribulus stimulates follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and estradiol, but not testosterone. 750-1200 mg/day dosages are not uncommon and is usually stacked with 100 mg/day of DHEA (discussed later) and 100 mg/day of androstenedione. Although the rise in testosterone levels may sound attractive to many athletes, the side effects are much more dire than gynecomastia and insulin resistance. Tribulus Terrestris has been shown to dilate the coronary arteries (Wang, 1990) and has a diuretic effect (Arcasoy, 1998). In both cases, this can put the athlete in a dangerous state. Bourke (1995) found that severe nervous and muscular locomotor disorders are directly associated with tribulus terrestris ingestion. The production of bile stones is also greatly enhanced (Miles, 1994) due to hyperplasia of the bile ducts and diffuse swelling of hepatocytes (Tapia, 1994). "

Here are some facts from some studies done on Tribulus:

* A study done with healthy individuals taking 750mg of tribulus per day showed a 72% LH increase, and a 41% increase in testosterone.
    * In a study conducted with 20 males and females, 75% of the participants had increased endurance, 80% had increased libido and sexual performance, and 95% of the females reported no PMS symptoms.
    * A study conducted with 200 males suffering from impotence showed increase in LH and testosterone levels after supplementing Tribulus. The study also found a increase in sperm production.

You left out the important findings of that study. Although LH was increased by 72% and testosterone by 41%, tribulus also increased estradiol by 80%!
    i.e. it resulted in a lower testosterone to estrogen level and an estrogen level that was well above normal.
    Whenever you increase testosterone , you are going to increase aromatization and therefore estrogen levels. Usually natural test boosters work by stimulating LH release from the pituitary gland. Unfortunately, excess LH inhibitis the amount of GnRH that is produced in the hypothalamus - which is responsible for increasing LH in the first place!
    So, you get a negative feedback loop in the HPTA. This means that natural test boosters like tribulus, tongkat ali etc. either need to be cycled because they only work for a few days, or they need to be taken with an anti-aromatase. All this trouble for only a very small increase in test!

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by shorinryu69
    Hi,

I have just bought a bottle of tribulus of the ON; I read that tribulus can raise estradiol; shall i take anti estrogens with it?

Have been cases of Gyno using tribulus?

thanks
    dont wanna be rude but thats NOT TRUE !! i have been supplementing with trib for over 3 yrs now , and there is no way it can make u develop gyno , since trib stimulates the production of LH (luetinizing hormone) which corresponds with your testes to produce testosterone , any good trib product can only push your own natural test production to its max capability and nothign more , i will agree that if u take an anti-e with trib it will actually give your test levels another boost since all that testosterone being produced doesnt stay as testosterone , it will convert to estrogen or get bound by other hormones ............. tongkat or longjack is good to go with it since it increases test levels by freeing up bound testosterone in the body .......... although only using trib i will agree there will be some estrogen conversion , but not enough to give u somethign like gyno that is just ABSURD !

zOaib is offline VET
    here is an older thread , which talked about this before .

Tribulus questions...

i'm just overly cautious and everyone responds differently, but i will never take tribulus again without taking an AI or SERM in conjunction.

i wasn't on anything other than tribulus and the result was puffy sensitive nips after about a week. that's all the proof i needed.

simply relating personal experience.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    if u get gyno from tribulus - i would hate to see your nips on a test/deca cycle

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    hmm..this is all very interesting. at first i was worried, but then i though since i did sustanon and dint use anti e's then what the hell could trib do. im sure my estro levels were higher on that than on trib. Also, estrogen has a synergistic anabolic effect with testosterone . This is why test, d-bol and other aromatizing agents give better size gains than stuff that doesnt,ie, winstrol , anavar , halotesten. So actually, a slight rise in estro is desirable if your using trib for bulking. But if your gyno sensitive and say your cutting, then maybe taking nolva would be a good idea.
    I might try that. We'll see.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    if u get gyno from tribulus - i would hate to see your nips on a test/deca cycle
    good point

Thread Information