powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

Protein: eggs, tuna, or whey? how to get protein in diet?

I have been eating raw eggs, and especially raw yolks make me want to vomit, its an awful feeling.

Should I go for canned low sodium chunk white tuna instead of the raw eggs?

I use alot of whey protein from Optimum Nutrition, but people have told me to not have more than 2 or 3 shakes of it a day; and that my protein needs to come from food. Isn't whey (made from milk/cheese) food, even tho its a 'dietary supp'? I understand the importance of eating a variety of foods for different amino acid profiles tho.

I dont mind having boiled egg whites for breakfast everyday, but this raw egg thing is getting to me. Can I just substitute with low sodium tuna and more whey powder?

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Stop tryin to be like Rocky and COOK your eggs. I et 5 egg meals a day and cooking them all takes 15 minutes collectivly with 2 skillets. I cook at night for next day. Plain eggwhite omlets at work go down fast and easy. I dont mix up the yolk. I just throw one in there. Dont waste time mixing in yolks. It still tasstes good trust me. Try it. I like yams with the eggs. Both are soft and dont have to chew.
    Whey is great post workout and in the morning but i have got fat from whey. Whey is a fast release protien and just like fast release carbs whey stimulates more insulin . SLow release protien are the best during the day, plus your body cant absorb all that whey all the time. I use why in the morn, and post workout that it. You can add extra why to real food meals if you want. or have whey with some peanut butter, or nuts or olive oil to slow it down. If you cant eat real food at work(luch +mid morn meal, and mid afternoon meal) then buy egg protein and some kind of easy to eat carb. I use yams. Nice and soft.
    I buy25dozen eggs a week. thats how mucg eggs i eat. I use 1 whole plus 7 whites. Jumbo eggs.
    Get a jGeorge Forman Grill with removalble easy too clean grills. It'll change your life. Cleans up in 3 mins. Cook chicken beef, all that shit, pork, buffalo,lean ground turky.Go nuts. Boil some yams while your grillin and your goood to go.
    Whole wheat pasta, brown rice, oatmeal, yams. All easy to cook and have med-low glycemic index ratings.

bradd5150 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    Stop tryin to be like Rocky and COOK your eggs. I et 5 egg meals a day and cooking them all takes 15 minutes collectivly with 2 skillets. I cook at night for next day. Plain eggwhite omlets at work go down fast and easy. I dont mix up the yolk. I just throw one in there. Dont waste time mixing in yolks. It still tasstes good trust me. Try it. I like yams with the eggs. Both are soft and dont have to chew.
    Whey is great post workout and in the morning but i have got fat from whey. Whey is a fast release protien and just like fast release carbs whey stimulates more insulin . SLow release protien are the best during the day, plus your body cant absorb all that whey all the time. I use why in the morn, and post workout that it. You can add extra why to real food meals if you want. or have whey with some peanut butter, or nuts or olive oil to slow it down. If you cant eat real food at work(luch +mid morn meal, and mid afternoon meal) then buy egg protein and some kind of easy to eat carb. I use yams. Nice and soft.
    I buy25dozen eggs a week. thats how mucg eggs i eat. I use 1 whole plus 7 whites. Jumbo eggs.
    Get a jGeorge Forman Grill with removalble easy too clean grills. It'll change your life. Cleans up in 3 mins. Cook chicken beef, all that shit, pork, buffalo,lean ground turky.Go nuts. Boil some yams while your grillin and your goood to go.
    Whole wheat pasta, brown rice, oatmeal, yams. All easy to cook and have med-low glycemic index ratings.
    Great info. I do the same thing with the eggs. But i only buy 10 dozen a week.

awesome, yeah i will cut back on whey. i dont want to become insulin resistant, and my mom's side of family has history of diabetes. I'll go for casein and egg protein supplements and cook my eggs

thanks guys

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member
    My son and I are always fighting over the eggs in my house so I just started buying the egg whites in the container. Now I keep fresh eggs and a couple of containers of egg whites so we don't have to fight for the protein. Raw eggs sounds horriable except in eggnogg, they are pasturized, blended with milk (skim) and a nice serving of rum and cinnamon & nutmeg. Yum.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    i buy 7 extra large dozen a week but i eat em all whole

I ate them with yolks cause uncooked eggs whites had some binding protein in them that prevents biotin (a B vitamin) absorption in the body. Yolks on the other had have a high concentration of this vitamin to balance it out.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Christ, I'd never leave the toilet if I ate as many eggs as you guys. 11 a day max for me or bad things happen.

Thread Information