ger
    ger is offline New Member

glutamine post workout

Hi everyone im new to the forum and this is my first post. I am going to start using l-glutamine and was wandering whether or not to take it post workout. At the moment i take a shake cotaining glucose, whey protein and creatine. I know that you shouldn't take l-glutamine with protein so what should i do? Would it be o.k to make my post workout glucose, creatine and l-glutamine only and then take a protein shake about half an hour later. I was always told to take carbs and protein immediately after my workout so i'm a bit confused.
    ger

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    It's more important that you cosume simple carbs immediately after training...you can eat a solid protein meal a little later. So, yes it's ok if you want to take glutamine/creatine/glucoseas a post workout drink. Also make sure you take 5g of glutamine just before bed

ger
    ger is offline New Member

Thumbs up

cheers pete

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I've read numerous reports that Glutamine and Creatine both fight for absorbtion, so one gets wasted. Bring your glutamine to gym when you work out, as soon as your done, have 5-15g, and then after your drive home...Have your creatine w /sugars/protein...That is so both have a chance to get absorbed.

Thread Information