Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

Supplement opinions please

I was on ebay today cos a freind of mine reccomended I tried a supplement he had bount off ebay recently.

It is called "GAMMA AMINOBUTYRIC ACID GROWTH HORMONE BOOSTER"

the liknk for it is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GABA-GAMMA-AMI...QQcmdZViewItem

It sounds like a good alternative to injecting gh all the time and want to stay clear from injecting (for now).

Just wanted some of your opinions before i make a purchase

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    It's just GABA, you can get it anywhere. I've heard some people really liking taking GABA before bed. But you can get it much cheaper and in bulk, I believe you need a fairly large dose. Hopefully somone else will chime in.

i was gona but the large pack and take the largest reccomended dosage along with my regular protein powders.

anybody else tried this ? if so what results did you get?

has anybody else got any thought or opinions onthis one please

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    What is it supposed to do?? My doc gave me some for sleep.

The name of the drug he gave me is gabatril

I dont think that the supplement you are looking at is real gabba. The gabba I have is only available by prescription.

if you look at the link it is Gabba it is ment to encourage growth hormones to increase, or summit like that. check out the item description on the link further down the page

In fact here is what it says on the description :

GABA Supplement Information

GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) is the most important and abundant inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain (it's actually an amino acid classified as a neurotransmitter). It helps induce relaxation and sleep. It acts as a "balancer" for the brain where excitation of the brain is balanced with inhibition.

In addition to it's 'balancing' effects, GABA stimulates the anterior pituitary, leading to higher levels of Human Growth Hormone (HGH), and if you didn't know, HGH is very anabolic (muscle building) and lipotropic (fat preventing). So, GABA indirectly enhances these 2 positive effects. Let's take a quick look at the benefits of Human Growth Hormone:

HGH is shown to have anti-aging effects
    Higher levels of HGH leads to less body fat and also better lean tissue-stored fat ratio
    HGH level decrease with age, so supplementation is beneficial
    Helps lose fat and improve lean muscle
    GABA Research and Studies

There are many studies done on GABA and GABA effects, and studies have show GABA to promote significant increase in plasma growth hormone levels.

One study (conducted by First Medical Clinic at the University of Milan in Milan) found that 90 minutes after GABA supplementation, HGH levels increased 5 times. This research studied 19 subjects who took GABA compared to 18 placebo subjects, and 5 grams of GABA was administered orally to the GABA group. After 90 minutes HGH levels in the GABA group were found to have increased by 5 fold.

Research shows that at least 2 grams of GABA should be taken for it to be effective. 5g is shown to be more effective, and the effectiveness of GABA is maxed out at 18 grams. There are studies done on GABA where it's administered either orally or intravenously. Taking GABA orally is not as effective as taking it intravenously; however it's more reflective of expected real world results, as most GABA supplements are designed to be taken orally. Despite this, GABA is effective even when taken orally.

GABA Side Effects

There are few if any side effects of GABA. Some users have experienced some mild tingling sensations around the face and neck area after supplementing GABA. Some users also notice a brief and mild change in heart rate or breathing patterns. These GABA side effects quickly disappear and are not harmful. Not everyone experiences these side effects, so you may, or may not experience these GABA side effects.

GABA also has a slightly sedative effect, which makes it ideal to take before going to bed.

has anybody tried this then ?

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    even taking GH alone wont do much for muscle growth. A supplement that will raise GH marginally at best is not worth a dime.

well, you know wat they say..........if it sounds to good to be true than it probably is.

Hooksetter is offline Associate Member
    Wont work tried it...Ur right if it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true........The only way to get a Gh that works is to buy real HGH, good luck with the prices cause cause the one I was on cost a ton.

onlyatest is offline New Member
    my dad takes it and he says all his success in his workout is from taking it. I actually take gaba every night before i go to bed to relax and put me to sleep. it works great for the relaxing part. as for hgh levels going up and actually feeling a difference, i've never taken it to get better results in the gym. thats what the AS is for I would recomend gaba because its very cheap (gnc for 10.50 for 90 tabs) and works well for sleep.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onlyatest
    my dad takes it and he says all his success in his workout is from taking it. I actually take gaba every night before i go to bed to relax and put me to sleep. it works great for the relaxing part. as for hgh levels going up and actually feeling a difference, i've never taken it to get better results in the gym. thats what the AS is for I would recomend gaba because its very cheap (gnc for 10.50 for 90 tabs) and works well for sleep.

Thread Information