Thread: GNC products

wrestler152 is offline Associate Member

GNC products

I have always taken GNC products. ANy opinions on their quality. For instance Their protein vs. others

zOaib is offline VET
    GNC = good 4 Nothin Corporation

not being rude , but seriously there stuff is OK not the best out there , but expensive like most good brands to which it doesnt even compare ............. i know people who still buy from GNC ............... but the smart ones buy the stuff from www.ALLSPORTSNUTRITION.COM

just like u should too ...............

zOaib is offline VET
    since u asked about protien , even the designer brand is better than theres , i bought couple of 5lb whey isolate from GNC loong time back , tasted fine but didnt work aswell as others , my favs are ISOPURE , OPTIMUM NUTRITION , TRUEPROTIEN CUSTOMIZED ONES.

donbone is offline Banned
    I think their products are a little overpriced. As far as quality all companies get raw materials from same place.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    The only time I hit up GNC is on their gold card week. On military bases it is always gold card week and there is no sales tax. Sometimes they have really good sales going and sometimes they have awesome closeout sales. If I can pick up some ON whey for a cheap price, I'll do it, for everything else, I'll buy online.

I went to pick up some vitamins the other day and I asked them if they had any deals going on. Just on liquid vitamins they said. I said, "liquid, huh? You mean injectable?" They looked at me like I was insane and the clerk boy said "uhh, no we don't do any of that 'shooting' stuff here." You can buy a lethal weapon at Wal-Mart but ask for some injectable vitamins and they look at you like you're a criminal.

chest6 is offline Banned
    way overpriced..4 protein drinks..the 42 g protein ones..$18..what a ripoff

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I hear you, but at the GNC by my house, the manager chick likes me, so check out this deal she hooked me up with. They had these MET-RX rtd's that originally were like $3.50 a pop. They expire in a couple of months and I spotted them at $.80 a can, so I picked up a couple. She said she'd sell me all of them at $.50 a can. So I got about 15 of these bad boys. So, while I am not a big fan of GNC, if you keep your eyes peeled and flirt with the manager chicks a little, deals can be had.

diezell is offline Senior Member
    generally stay away from gnc the only thing i buy there is my flax seed oil and its over priced badly

need2Bbig is offline Associate Member
    ehhhh, like everyone said when you find deals its good i just recently picked up their 100%whey banana creme flavor (which tastes pretty good) for 23$ and a no-xplode for like 32 or something so yea decent deals but whatev. and pretty sure gnc makes optimum nutrition shit

bodybuild1469 is offline New Member
    OVERPRICED! Not worth the money. Go with something else.

bodybuild1469 is offline New Member
    P.S. Im not dissing there products. They are just to damn expinsive! If you can get a GNC product for cheaper then what GNC sells it for then more power to you. I would take it then.

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Normally I don't complain,but...
    The Last time I was in GNC, I was buying some whey.
    The Cashier was this dude, He was the manager there.
    All off a sudden he says "hang on".
    He gets this really hot big titted employee to upsell a GNC product.
    She proceeds to tell me that
    "The protien you are buying has only 26 grams of protien per serving.
    This one I am showing you is better cause it has 44 grams per serving."
    I then tell her Mine is 26 grams a scoop, and her's is 44 grams for 2 scoops.
    I had to explain to her 3 or 4 times that the stuff I picked out was far superior.
    She blushes and then goes away and the dude rings the stuff in.
    He was trying to use her sex appeal to sell his GNC leftovers to me.
    This was when I was a hardgainer, and I'm glad that I didn't fall for it.
    Futhermore, I gave away a tub of some GNC strawberry whey cause it tasted like filth.
    I'm not a huge GNC fan. I won't turn it down, but I won't buy it for full price either.

Teegunn is offline Banned
    Not surprising that this thread is a huge bash on GNC. But overall GNC makes good products. I swear by Mega Men. Also, OPTIMUM makes GNC's protein, not the other way around. The only real difference is that Optimum makes their own taste a little better. Also, while most corporate GNC's are a joke, there are some really well run franchised stores out there with knowledgeable people in them who know what the hell they are talking about and selling.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I have to agree with everyone especially TeeGun. I worked at several supplement stores including GNC for almost 2 years.
    First of all they are Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too over priced. But that doesnt take away from their products. They have one of the best multi's on the market. I just recently switched over to Beverly Multi's but ran the Megaman for about 5 years.
    No need to bash their products but definitely plenty of room here to bash their prices. Similar products can be purchased for half the price.
    They just have a name behind them. Usually when people start working out they go there for advice on what to buy. Very rarely would I get someone come in the store who actually had a clue. People who know their stuff usually but online b/c they already know what they are looknig for.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Gnc sucks

nyny2916 is offline Associate Member
    GNC=overpriced crap

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teegunn
    Not surprising that this thread is a huge bash on GNC. But overall GNC makes good products. I swear by Mega Men. Also, OPTIMUM makes GNC's protein, not the other way around. The only real difference is that Optimum makes their own taste a little better. Also, while most corporate GNC's are a joke, there are some really well run franchised stores out there with knowledgeable people in them who know what the hell they are talking about and selling.
    Sort of... assuming that Optimum does make the GNC 100% whey, they dont' necessarily make it to the same specs unless thats part of the deal. Same thing happens with generic brands of food. Yes, ON 100% is a better product. But it does cost more to carry it and I would never think about losing that portion of my sales. GNC 100% is ok, just a little high on the cholesterol. But then again, its $23.99 for 6 lbs. Get it?

That's interesting that you should say that about the corporate/franchise thing. In my area, the franchises are shaaaadddyyy.

I understand the overpriced thing, but I've noticed corporate trying really hard this year with ALOT of promotions, sales etc. There are also other things that go into that price: like the return policy that you love so much, overhead for a brick and mortar company, the "knowledgeable" sales associates (a complaint of mine, as well).

davieric is offline Junior Member

gnc

the gnc i go to has one person who knows what they're talking about, and the rest clearly have no idea what they are talking about. i always see these ppl go in, like someone said earlier, who are just starting working out, and they're walking away with a 80$(canadian) tub of mega mass. when there's other products in gnc that are much better than there own brand. another thing that i watch out for is the fact that they are paid on commission so they always try to force sales on to me. luckily i knew a guy who used to work there and when i told him i bought the gnc mega mass he laughed at me and told me never to buy gnc products. that was when i first started working out and i was talked into that sale..... . this is of course my experience i'm sure there's ppl out there that will tell u the opposite.

just my 2 cents

ojsmoothy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fLgAtOr
    In my area, the franchises are shaaaadddyyy.
    I worked at a franchise GNC for almost a year, and if it wasn' for having mass bills to pay I would've walked out. It was the shadiest place I have ever been in, one dude sold roids on the side (some un-known co.'s), the other chick had ex-felons in the store all the time, and the owners sold expired products and would mark up prices on items that didn't have a tag. They never did the sale price, I would because I was a closer, and then I would get a "couseling" session. It was a bizarre, strange, and disturbing eperience.

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Some things just don't change - check out this thread from last year
    GNC Products

I use them at sale times only and only for things I've tried and liked. The internet is def the way.

Hooksetter is offline Associate Member
    OVERPRICED I cant stress this enough. Not all products are shitty but alot are. The are made to sell for quantity not quality. GNC however is a good Vitamin and Herbal store, but even these are overpriced. If u have plenty of money i guess id stick with GNC, but if you hear of a product that is going to be banned and definatly works ur prolly not gonna find it there,

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    not that it hasn't already been said, but...

GNC is too over priced. Though their products are about the same quality, IMHO, as anywhere else.

Thread Information