Tystick is offline Junior Member

How many grms of Carbs?

I have been gaining weight very, very slowly. That is just my skinny curse, i guess. I have been eating 250-300grms protein and 300-400 grms carb. I am 6'5" and 196lbs. I have recently been told that I sould eat anywhere from 500-1000 grms, and that this is normal. I work in an office all day so I cant just cook anything up. How the hell do you eat that many carbs?
    Or is that incorrect, Sorry if this is too basic a question

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Buy some weight gainer, i never used it myself, but that stuff is loaded with carbs, and other nasty crap. as much as like 1500 cals per serving

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    The problem with weight gainer is it's loaded with sugars, and if it does have low sugar than the carbs are maltodextrose-pretty much the same as sugar. Probably OK right after your workout but I would just try to incorporate more real foods in.
    Cook up a big 2gal. pot of beans, throw a couple pounds of flank steak or new york strips in there with some onions, mushrooms, and some fresh garlic.-BAM protein and carbs like a MoFo. Eat off it for a day or two in addition with your regular meals

devland2 is offline Junior Member
    weight gainers are a wast of money, do your regular protein shake with a banana , flax oil, even some ice cream, much cheaper and you can control what goes into it yourself

Thread Information